Samsung residential fridge

davebennington

Here are a couple of pictures the ice maker line on the Ashland coach. will need a flashlight and then pull out the bottom drawer so you can reach in and turn off the ice-maker valve.

daveIMG_5713.jpgIMG_5719.jpgIMG_5716.jpgIMG_5720.jpg

RichnVinny

Ok I found that it looks like it's on but still no ice, does the water tank need to be filled or pump on for it to work??

danemayer

Ok I found that it looks like it's on but still no ice, does the water tank need to be filled or pump on for it to work??
If you have water coming out faucets when open, and this valve is open, water should be getting to the frig. As I mentioned yesterday, there's a coil that holds water in the frig so it's cold. Until you start using the water dispenser or ice maker, that coil is filled with air. If you use the water dispenser, the air will be expelled and water will start coming out. You might also have to manually cycle the ice maker a few times to get any air out of the line.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
There is a button where you set the temperature for the refig and that needs to be in the on position. Then if you have water turned on to the refig then you need to reset the ice maker. There is a button on the ice maker that you need to hold in for a few seconds. You know it reset for the ice maker will go through a complete cycle with the sensing arm moving down and then back up. I had to reset mine 3 or 4 times before it actually got water.

Does anyone know how to get the Samsung residential fridge to make ice, I've got the ice maker on and I'm hooked up to water...is the fridge water line already hooked up....

fredwrichardson

My unit was actually winterized with the pink deicer. I had to hit reset to get it primed and then it took a day and a half for the water to be clear after it started working. I am never going to use deicer with the ice maker again. If you have to winterize it is best to blow out the line with compressed air.

But very little water is still coming out still not sure if I have valve open or closed...

fredwrichardson

Very little water came out when I started doing the resets. If the unit is empty it could take many more resets before the water starts flowing. Also the valve on our unit (Ashland) is a standard valve. Clockwise to close (no water), Counterclockwise to open (water).

But very little water is still coming out still not sure if I have valve open or closed...

rjr6150

My valve only turns 1/4 way left or right...now it's a waiting game I guess

Check out post #17 photo this show the valve with the handle in the on position. If your is different water is turned off. You will notice the handle follow the flow of the water.

jbeletti

RichnVinny,

Are you getting water out of the water dispenser on the front of the refer? If not, hold a glass up to the paddle until all the air is out of the system. On the first use of the refer's water filter, they recommend quite a bit of water to be run through it before using the water. Can't remember how much but I'd run a gallon of water through it. Also, I'd pitch the first entire ice basket full of ice.

RichnVinny

Ok the valve is in position so it's knob is straight running along blue pipe so I'll let it run all morning and see what happens

RichnVinny

42c9ac18a49fe1402d7c5966479e258d.jpg

Here's my valve