Samsung sound bar

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
You need to setup the sound bar using the sound bar remote but yes it works. You can also setup the Sound Bar to work as a speaker for your phone or tablet using bluetooth. We have our sound bar default to the TV.

Does anybody know if the sound bar only works with the blue ray player or TV as well

fredwrichardson

My dealer did not even know the RV had a sound bar. If you do not have the manual you can download from the Samsung website. Also you can program the unit directly on the sound bar but it is no fun and hard to do. The remote makes it pretty easy. As you can see I have spent a lot of time going through the unit. Got the unit in December but had a medical issue show up that requires me to stay home so it looks like our first trip is not till March. I got my big toy but can't play with it for a while.

I'll look into that...of course not shown at walk through

EPaulikonis

I recently removed the Samsung sound bar and found out another interesting fact when I posted a question on Ask the Factory. There's supposedly a sub-woofer in my Landmark Savannah behind the fireplace. I haven't taken the time to try and figure out how to access the spot where it's located, but another owner/moderator clued me in. All of the connections coming into the Samsung or TV were HDMI. TV outputs optical to the sound bar.

I chose to switch out to get a Sony sound bar with a wireless sub. Much happier with the sound quality.

Hunter11

If you do not have the manual you can download from the Samsung website. Also you can program the unit directly on the sound bar but it is no fun and hard to do. The remote makes it pretty easy.

Fred, does this mean you program the sound bar to be used with the TV through the Samsung Blu-ray unit with the remote for it? We would like to also have the sound from the TV come through the sound bar.

RichnVinny

Thanks
Now I have comcast here he can't figure out how to set up a dvr with the TV and blue ray player...ugggg

fredwrichardson

If you play the BlueRay through the TV (HDMI cable) then you should be good to go. HDMI passes both video and sound so the TV can control the volume and also direct the sound to the sound bar.. MY unit was NOT wired that way but it was easy to change. Here is the way to do it. Blueray is hooked to TV using HDMI cable. TV is connected to Sound Bar using a Digital Toslink Cable. My setup had one but was not installed correctly. If you go this route then the TV sound will be controlled by the TV and you will not have to worry about switching the soundbar to other devices like the blueRay.

Here is a video to show you how to hook up the sound bar to the TV.

[h=1][/h]
Fred, does this mean you program the sound bar to be used with the TV through the Samsung Blu-ray unit with the remote for it? We would like to also have the sound from the TV come through the sound bar.

danemayer

One possible wrinkle in using TV audio out is that some TVs (including my Sharp), do not output audio through any connector when watching a source connected via HDMI. The TV firmware shuts off the audio outputs. I think it's an attempt to frustrate potential copyright violators.

fredwrichardson

Our Landmark has an LG TV and the Samsung Sound Bar. If you use the Digital Toslink Cable and setup the TV for external speakers it seems to work both Video and Audio using the Samsung BlueRay. You are right in some units don't do external speakers or have limited access to external speakers.

One possible wrinkle in using TV audio out is that some TVs (including my Sharp), do not output audio through any connector when watching a source connected via HDMI. The TV firmware shuts off the audio outputs. I think it's an attempt to frustrate potential copyright violators.