Samsung TV

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Does anyone know of a secret reset button for the Samsung TV? It has power at the outlet and the power cord is in the set firmly. I can't get it to come on with either the manual button or remote. It was working before we left on our trip yesterday. Thanks.

nscaler2

Have you tried unplugging and then replugging it in again. These TVs now days as more like computers than TVs. When plugged in, is the red pilot light on. It seems backwards to me, but the pilot light is on when plugged in and turned off. If no pilot light, when turned off, I would guess that it isn't getting AC. Hope it works out for you.

superduty08

I've tried unplugging and even reversed plugs with the sound bar. I do not have a standby light on. I agree that that seems backwards. Three more weeks of warranty, so timing is good.

WBG

WBGavin
I've tried unplugging and even reversed plugs with the sound bar. I do not have a standby light on. I agree that that seems backwards. Three more weeks of warranty, so timing is good.

If the red light is not ON then most likely there is no power at the outlet. Plug in any appliance to the outlet and see if it works. If not, check the circuit breakers and fuses. If they are OK, then you have a real warranty problem.

Good luck!

WBG

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Try unplugging it and leave it unplugged for about 15 minutes. Then plug it in.
It'll need repairs if this does not work.

As far as the standby light, it may be programmable. My Samsung TV's both can be programmed to have the light on when off or on when on

MikeR

We also had a Samsung TV in our BC that would no turn on. Luckily we had purchased it at Costco, where you get another year of warranty. On our way to the OBX from Michigan is when it went out. We found a Costco in NC, took it out of the BC and into Costo. Walked out with a new one and no problems since.

superduty08

I finally pulled it out this morning and it does have power all the way through the power cord at the TV. I'll have to take it to a dealer to handle the warranty. Fortunately I have until May 4th. I still think interstate 65 through south Birmingham Alabama is the cause to all problems I've ever had with an RV. Like driving on a wash board. We are in Narvarre Fl where it has been raining non stop otherwise I wouldn't miss my TV.