Satellite connections on 2016 Bighorn

Brireey1600

I just bought a Winegard Carryout plus 2 satellite and Having trouble on the connections. I am connecting to the 2016 Big Horn 2016. Not sure what's wrong but after calling direct tv no connection. They instructed us to call Insignia tv which is the tv model in our RV. No help there. Are we suppose to connect to the satellite connector from outside of rig?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.We are working with the satellite dish, insert a and receiver...Thank you!

danemayer

Hi Brireey1600,

First thing to do is bypass all the RV wiring to make sure the satellite equipment is working correctly. Run the coax from the dish directly to the receiver and the receiver directly to the TV.

After you get everything working, then introduce the RV wiring to the equation. In your Universal Docking Center (UDC), you probably have 4 coax connectors along the top. One pair is for the living room and the other pair for the bedroom. Usually the right-hand connector of each pair goes to the pre-wiring for a rooftop installation, which you're not using. So you'd connect to the left-hand of the living room pair. The coax connector for satellite in the living room would go to your receiver. But you may need a power inserter inline either at the UDC or in the living room.

If you intend to have receivers in both the living room and bedroom, you'll need a Directv splitter in the UDC. In that case, note the connector marked for power because the power inserter voltage has to flow through that connector on the way to the dish.

The UDC connections for our 2011 Landmark are pictured below. The other picture is a more recent Landmark 365 living room setup. Yours is probably similar.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Ent Center Connections from UDC.jpg
    Ent Center Connections from UDC.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 75

Brireey1600

Thanks for the quick reply Dan.
I have two questions. How is the connection made to the TV ? And once I introduce the RV wiring which connection do I use in the cabinet located above the TV in the living room?

danemayer

Thanks for the quick reply Dan.
I have two questions. How is the connection made to the TV ? And once I introduce the RV wiring which connection do I use in the cabinet located above the TV in the living room?
Connection to the TV depends on the output from the receiver. Most these days use HDMI. So you'd use the HDMI wall connector that I'm assuming you have. It should be connected to the living room TV.

You probably have 2 coax connectors in the living room. One has a cable going to a splitter. That's the antenna/cable connector. The other is for satellite and should be connected to the receiver input.

SNOKING

All coax connections should also be tighten as the factory is a little challenged in doing that. So the back side of the docking station and the back side of wall plates.

You will most likely see a coax splitter in the cabinet above the TV. That is in the OTA antenna/cable lead and splits to the stereo receiver as an antenna that does not work very well. The other coax in that cabinet should be for the sat. If you have a meter, you could install the power inserter and then connect a coax in the docking station connections one at time looking for the DC voltage at the open end connector.

On this page you can get a setup guide for DirecTV and your carry out model. Chris

http://www.winegard.com/support?support=Receiver_Setup_Guides