SD Campground

browny

I am looking for a private campground in South Dakota that has full hookups, that is located on or close to a fishing lake, if there's such a place. We are planning a week long trip, and don't want to have to hook up to go dump. I know there's plenty of state parks that are near lakes, but don't offer full hookups.

Sniper

I am looking for a private campground in South Dakota that has full hookups, that is located on or close to a fishing lake, if there's such a place. We are planning a week long trip, and don't want to have to hook up to go dump. I know there's plenty of state parks that are near lakes, but don't offer full hookups.
If you want to be in the Black Hills area we always stay at Fort WELIKIT in Custer SD http://www.blackhillsrv.com/ They have full hook ups, nice long pull through sites, lots of shady Pondrosa Pines, and the owners are awesome. Sylvan Lake is right up the road, as well as a Lake at Custer State Park just East of Custer. Remember if are going to that area in late July, and the first 2 weeks of August that the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is in the Black Hills, Motorcycles will be everywhere, and every site will be full in every Campground within 100 miles of there so book early if that's your plan. Hope this helps some.

Safe travels. :)

Last edited:

Bgthomas

Horse Theif near Hill City. I forget the name of the lake, but it's just minutes up the road.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We spent a week at the Big Pine Campground (http://www.bigpinecampground.com/smaltolarg/photos.html) about a half mile west of downtown Custer, SD.

We were there the whole week before the Sturgis Rally . . .

No lake there, but there are many close by.

Plus close to all of the other stuff that most people go up there for (Crazy Horse, Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park and more)!

Lots of shady campsites, close to town for when you need something, and the owners were awesome!

We will stay there again next time we go up there!

SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg SDDevilsTowerTruck-IMG_0564.jpg SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg