sealing a small hole in outside wall

fidhleir

I've been searching for the source of water on the carpet inside my bedroom linen cabinet on my Bighorn 3160EL. It appears to be where the awning motor wires enter the trailer through the forward awning mounting bracket. The wires come through a thumbnail sized hole in the bracket attached to the outside wall and then run up the bracket through a plastic race and out the awning arms to the roller. I think water got in when the trailer was washed with a pressure sprayer. Either that or it's possible I may have parked the trailer slightly nose down and a heavy rain may have run across the top of the awning and down the bracket to the hole. The hole was never sealed.

What's the best thing to use to seal the hole around the wires and not cause any problem with the wires themselves? I'm thinking of some kind of caulking or Dicor sealant. Any suggestions that I can get at Home Depot? I don't have an RV supply nearby.

Oregon_Camper

Dicor is good for this. Just make sure you order the "non leveling" type.

Link to Amazon

318kF+XAJML.jpg

You might want to check to make sure the water isn't coming off the slide out (when it is closed and inside the trailer). We had that happen once on our 3160EL.

fidhleir

This is the forward awning mount, nowhere near the slides.

I just had the wiper seals replaced on the door side slide. The slide wasn't installed centered and tore up one of the wiper seals.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I wouldn't use the dicor lap sealant on anything​ but the rubber roof !!!
It is self leveling and take a little bit of time to set up. If you tried to use it in a hole on a side wall I think it will just flow down and not seal the hole.

Just my experience

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

I wouldn't use the dicor lap sealant on anything​ but the rubber roof !!!
It is self leveling and take a little bit of time to set up. If you tried to use it in a hole on a side wall I think it will just flow down and not seal the hole.

This version is made for vertical applications....unlike the typical dicor that is self leveling and WOULD run down the side of the trailer.