second 12v battery wiring?

PEIFAMILY

To add a second 12v battery in the front compartment of my 3300ck, does anyone know the wiring for this? Do I just link another cable from the + to the + on the second battery then the - to the frame or to the other battery?

Thanks!

wdk450

Word of Caution!!
You are working with a source of high amperage electricity that won't shock you, but has enough available amperage to weld metal, melt smaller wires and cables, generate large amounts of locallized heat, and also contains strong acid and explosive hydrogen gas!! BE VERY CAREFUL in all of your wiring moves and connections. Disconnect/Connect the negative cables (connected to the metal trailer frame) FIRST/LAST to prevent shorts from energized positive connections to the surrounding metal structures. Have the area surrounding the battery well ventillated when working there to reduce the hydrogen explosion hazard. If you use metal wrenches be sure there is no way the wrench could contact both battery terminals if it slipped out of your hands.
I have worked in electrical and electronic equipments for over 40 years, but caught myself just about to make a reversed connection to my 2nd battery from my 1st battery after some front compartment landing gear work a couple of weeks ago. I didn't look closely at the battery terminal markings, had connected the positive jumper to the wrong battery terminal, and was just about to connect the negative jumper to the battery's other terminal. I sure am glad I looked again before making that final connection!!!!!