Second battery bank

carl.swoyer

I installed 4 deka agm group 31 batteries. Trying to figure out how to change the dry camp batteries and the house batteries while driving. I have also a Magnum ms2812 so I need to keep the agm bank separate. Any idea s

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Oregon_Camper

Did you mean "how to charge..."?

I'd install solar to the group 31 batteries and have the standard connection to the truck charge the others.

Or you use the connection in your truck bed for one set of batteries, and the connection at the bumper hitch for the others. Will take some additional wiring, but it would keep them separate...and only connected when needed.

mlpeloquin

I installed 4 deka agm group 31 batteries. Trying to figure out how to change the dry camp batteries and the house batteries while driving. I have also a Magnum ms2812 so I need to keep the agm bank separate. Any idea s

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Look on the internet for battery isolators. You just need to size it for the charging current. As cheep as $15.00 for an 80 amp isolator. What would be your maximum charging current is the current rating you would need. I would go at least 20% higher in rating minimum.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=battery+isolator

carl.swoyer

Genius loves company that right there is a great idea THANKS