Self leveling system. Cyclone 4114 & RW400

DocFather

That's interesting, ill have to look into that. I assume you just ordered through the dealership you were working with right? Not like you went direct through heartland? Also as far as the heating yea I know the ammount of heat that's gets pushed into the garage is small but that's where our kids would be staying so my wife is super gung-ho on the "heat in the garage" I have talked with a few people that installed new vents that you can open and close through out the rig, so you can close off most except the garage and get more heat forced into the garage... When I was a kid we had tents and sleeping bags and a fire...So if it was up to me... but happy wife = happy life ? lol

Don't expect one tiny heat register to heat a 10', 12' or 14" garage.

Don't expect one tiny heat register to heat a 10', 12' or 14" garage.

Nope not what I expect at all, however having "one tiny heat register" will heat up a lot more than having nothing. :) Also I think being able to close the other registers and force more out in the garage will help more. With al the being said, yea I know its not going to be that warm..

pegmikef

We have priced out quite a few RW and Cyclones and the best price we can get them to is about 68k(ish) which is right about at our max. I'm guessing if I Ordered one I could not get in that price range? I assume that when you order one they kinda have the upper hand on the cost. :/

That is not necessarily true. Remember the MSRP of the trailer is negotiable as are the MSRPs of any options that are added when you order it. I personally shoot for at least 30 percent off of the total of the MSRPs. One thing I always do is get quotes from from at least two of the so called wholesalers like http://www.rvcapitalwholesalers.com/ . . . you may be surprised at some of their prices. You can then use their price to help negotiate with your dealer. If your dealer isn't interested and has a lot of sob stories, then I would look for another dealer . . . or worst cast, buy it from one of the whole salers. One other thing to consider is that when you order it through the dealer, the dealer doesn't really have much skin in the game because he'll get 10 percent off of you to place the order, and then when it arrives all he has to do is prep it and conduct the PDI (and Heartland pays for this). He has no floor plan expense so everything he makes between the actual cost and your negotiated price is all profit.

iowaone

I ordered my last too from two different dealers and feel like I got a very good deal. At least 30 percent off from local dealer. You get the options you want don't pay for some You not want. Beside the wait only downside is sometime specs are changed so you get a surprise. Many times that even is good you get new feature.

Ladiver

gnarlymilk, I ordered mine through RVWholesalers. They were MUCH cheaper than GiantRV. When all was said and done, I had the trailer that I wanted with all of my options for significantly less than what GiantRV wanted for a trailer with almost no options. Oh, and it was dropped off in my driveway!

good luck,

Jeff

Well after doing more research and reading all for the reply's about the 6 point levelUp I have decided I REALLY want to get it... I headed back out to McMahon's rv ( really to get my deposit back ) They did not want me to leave they even started to reducing the cost of the trailer significantly to the point that I was getting interested. However I stuck to my guns about the 6 point level UP and they could not tell me enough about how BAD a decision that was. They pulled out all of the stops to tell me horror stories of broken 6 point systems, people stranded in the middle of no where with no way to get home bla bla.. on and on and on.. I got back and went to yelp reviews and found out they have 1.5 stars and started to read through the reviews.. I was amazed how bad the reviews were, and they were not isolated incidents.. At this point I am not comfortable dealing with them any more. They are the ONLY dealership that has talked so badly about this leveling system. If I had any stock with heartland I would be upset with McMahon and how they sell my product..I could go on with some issues I have but I don't really like to bad mouth places, I just felt I needed to voice how they are trying to force feed me the idea that the 6 point system is very bad.

alex00

You're going to be so happy you held out for what you wanted. I was in your shoes 3 weeks ago. I went to the dealer to look at the floorplan, knowing their display model didn't have the options we wanted (including 6 point). It was so hard to walk away from that trailer and put in the order. It made me really glad we didn't drive a truck to the dealership that day.

Good luck shopping. I found a few dealers up and down the state willing to compete with wholesale dealers in the midwest. Add 2 or 3 grand to the wholesale price to cover shipping and start negotiating well below that point.

Did you decide on RW or Cyclone?

Wmnmy

There is an alternative leveling system to the hydraulic one and that is electric. Lippert sells the Ground Control. I installed this myself and it does an excellent job. The electric system has the option of mounting the leveling jacks higher on the chassis, if you so desire more ground clearance. I did this and use leveling blocks under the rear jacks to make up any distance issues that I run across. I have the 4 point model but a 6 point is also available. The neat thing about this system is the remote control. I can raise or lower the front end of the trailer while sitting in the truck to hook or unhook. Neat and fast.
Gary521 I just purchased the ground control system at CW its the 4-point system any problems with it im excited about it .

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gary521 I just purchased the ground control system at CW its the 4-point system any problems with it im excited about it .
Not to hyjack thread, but wanted to agree, the Ground Control is an alternative with some wiggle room for install placement.

We did have one back jack get "stuck" in the up position. Would not raise or lower. We took the whole leg off, and after a call to Lippert, they helped me dislodge the stuck motor with an allen wrench and a hammer. (I would not have felt confident trying this, but they said I could!) We reinstalled, then marked the legs so that we don't retract them too far.

Wmnmy

that's great im pretty handy and I like that each motor is separate and you can either use a ratchet on top or bottom to raise lower..