Separation of overhang trim

The overhang trim on the door side of my 2010 Eagle Ridge 34RLSA has begun to separate from the side wall. I caulked the entire section while the trailer was resting on the front jacks. It looked good. I let it cure for 4 days. As soon as I hitched to the truck, the trim pulled 1/8" down from the sidewall. When I unhitched the trailer, everything appeared to go back to normal. I am aware I no longer have a water-tight seal along the bottom edge of the trim. I'm really afraid there are bigger problems that are out of sight. Has anyone seen this happen? If so, what was the remedy?

Thanks for your help.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yes to your question. I had a similar problem with my 2008 Bighorn. So did a few others. The problem was the frame over the pin box was flexing to much and WILL allow water to enter and ruin the bottom of the over hang. I called Heartland to get it repaired. You might give them a call and see what can be done.

BC

nscaler2

Had exactly the same problem with our 2006 BH 3055RL. Had it repaired this spring. They removed the front cap and found numerous broken welds, some metal shearing apart (literally torn) and poorly designed framework. Lots of re-welding and additional metal gussets added. They also redesigned how the walls attach to the framework that makes a lot more sense than how it came from the factory. I'm sorry but you and many others, as well as myself, are victims of poorly assembled and designed Lippert frames. I don't know who you blame, because we don't know who designed the frame, Heartland or Lippert. All I can say is that if I ever buy another rig it will NOT be built on a Lippert frame. At any rate, get your rig to someone who knows what they are doing for this kind of repair. This can be very dangerous.