Sewer connection too low

pokypa

We are on our first trip with our Big Horn 3260 Elite. We are finding that the sewer connection is lower than most campground sewer pipes. It is almost impossible to drain the tanks with your sewer hose going up hill. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do. I think raising the height of the sewer pipes on the 5th is probably impossible. I was thinking about buying one of those pumps that hook to the sewer pipe that would pump up hill. Just need help on what others have done. Thanks for your imput.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The electric pumps are pricey and somewhat finicky (based on reviews I've read). I have the one that works on water only and it does a good job. If you go to the Goshen rallies, it comes in very handy. It can pump uphill, too. But at our seasonal site, the sewer hook up is flush to the ground and normal gravity flow does the job.

djlogan

I agree that the Sewer Solutions water powered macerated works well, is cleaner and easier to store than a stinky slinky and is cheaper and tougher to break than the powered models

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I have a macerator pump but don't use it very often, they do work great. As far as the hook up being too low, you must have gotten an odd ball site. I haven't seen any one having problems.

f250dieseldad

I don't think the sewer outlet is too low. I believe that some campgrounds leave the pipe too high. They don't get that s*** don't flow uphill.

pokypa

Yes the 3260 has very low pipes. About 7 inches off ground, much lower than other models of Big Horn

Bobby A

Is it possible to raise the trailer ?? wood blocks under the tires and raise the front landing gear ?? I say this because there was a couple campgrounds we've been to that I had the same problem bur I had a braineack idea to lift the trailer and it worked. JMHO.

jnbhobe

Is it possible to raise the trailer ?? wood blocks under the tires and raise the front landing gear ?? I say this because there was a couple campgrounds we've been to that I had the same problem bur I had a braineack idea to lift the trailer and it worked. JMHO.
I do that too, just push the Level-Up button

dave10a

Mine is too low also, someone is not paying attention to detail at Heartland. I'm also concerned about a road hazard like a tire tread from an 18 wheeler could destroy the sewer lines. I'm considering to raise the fittings by cutting off the end and redo it like it should be. That would gain several inches in height. I keep finding things that Heartland could have done better- either by design or proper QC. I do my own maintenance and I am continuously surprised at how the corners Heartland has cut. I tell the wife I simply have a new hobby when she reminds me of the issues we have had.

gebills

Out of the dozens of sites we have pulled into in the past few years, one site in SW Iowa is the only site we have had a drainage difficulty. We simply changes sites to a different site in the same campground (Green Valley State Park). Otherwise, although many sites have come close to being not usable, everything has had adequate slope to drain. And I agree, had I been the designing engineer, I would have had the drain discharge height at a higher level.

4ever

Our new Landmark was much lower then our previous Landmark. I had the dealer raise mine up. He cut the pipe in two loactions and was able to raise it up about 6 inches. Still think it is lower then my old unit however, better then it was.

Ted