Sewer hose container

DickO

When we picked up our new BH, the sewer hose holder cover was broken. The lower pin on the hinge was gone. Heartland sent me a new end but, the end on the 5th wheel is glued on so that will not work. I don't think this set up will work anyway for long in the AZ heat. Has anyone made their own carrier? I can't find plastic pipe with 4 1/2 inch diameter. Any suggestions?

Relayman

Re: Sewer hose comtainer

I purchased a "stinky-slinky" holder from D&W Inc. for $50.00
works great. It's called the Super Slider. I have two mounted under the front of my BH3279RS. Im in Texas
and the heat does not affect them.
993bf3bd1d5647f4bb65a15c513b9265.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have seen guys make one from sewer pipe available at a lowes or home depot before. Not sure how it mounts or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Made mine from a Home Depot 5" plastic post the strapped it under the front frame with strapping and those things electricians use to hang conduit to I beams.

You can buy plain caps. I simply drilled through them and used a six inch bolt.

chaplady

I also purchased the super slider from DW. Added a 2nd tube to carry the extra lenght. Easy to install and adjust to varying lengths.

Oregon_Camper

When we picked up our new BH, the sewer hose holder cover was broken. The lower pin on the hinge was gone. Heartland sent me a new end but, the end on the 5th wheel is glued on so that will not work. I don't think this set up will work anyway for long in the AZ heat. Has anyone made their own carrier? I can't find plastic pipe with 4 1/2 inch diameter. Any suggestions?

Can't just get your dealer to fix this under warranty?

Seems like a 10 minute and 1 beer job. :cool:

mlpeloquin

Our Big Horn came with no sewer hose holder. I purchased two 6 inch industrial drain pipes along with one push on end and the other screw on end. They are mounted using heavy plumbers tape. Everything fits in them. The hose and adapter ends so nothing goes inside the storage bay that poop water has touched.

Agree with Garypowell in post #5.
I did the same thing, using an 8' length.
I can get 4 sections of sewer hose in there.
I used 1/4" Brass rod and Stainless Steel Hairpin Clips to hold the end caps on.
Painted the whole thing Black to match the trailer frame.

Hockster

avvidclif

Thanks to all, I now have a D&W stinky storage coming. Been looking but never found the right website.......

gasman

Camp Socializer

I bought a piece of 6" PVC and painted it black. I used 1/4" u-bolts to attach it to the frame and purchased two compression test plugs from a plumbing supply house to put in the ends of the pipe.

coram8

I purchased a "stinky-slinky" holder from D&W Inc. for $50.00
works great. It's called the Super Slider. I have two mounted under the front of my BH3279RS. Im in Texas
and the heat does not affect them.
993bf3bd1d5647f4bb65a15c513b9265.jpg

Did the exact same on our Gateway and they work great. I cut a piece of 1" square tubing to drop it below the propane line run under the frame.
IMG_5255.jpg

NYSUPstater

Call me the cheapskate of all. I've used a plastic tote that holds all the hoses, connectors and such and it stays in basement. Once home, I remove the hose I used, drape over railing of deck stairs to dry.

Relayman

Did the exact same on our Gateway and they work great. I cut a piece of 1" square tubing to drop it below the propane line run under the frame.
View attachment 51092
here is something g else you may want to try. I bought an additional
under-camper sliding spare tire bracket..modified it to carry my portable waste tank. no more carrying it in the bed of the truck or
in the basement. And...its always there if i need it.
2de918d3dd8559b3c94597f3915e0973.jpg

teasac69

I know this is an old thread but I want to resurrect it to ask more questions about the homemade style. I know the D&W is an effective fix but to me they have a very bad design. Those small plastic pins that make up the hinge on their tube is very weak. I take very good care of my stuff and I've managed to break both doors off the tube and I don't see a way to repair them.

I've shopped the 6" PVC tubes and just looks like that 6" is huge on the frame. seems to be a bit of overkill.

I would love to see some pics of the various homemade versions you guys have done to continue to gather examples before I decide which one. I know this is not an exciting topic but as we all know, very necessary to store and protect the hoses and surely to have them available to drain our tanks. Sooooooooo, guess I'd love your help.

BTW someone mentioned the D&W for $50 and all I can find is ones for upwards of $75 so even if I elect to do that again, where is it available for $50???

thanks always for your help

danemayer

I know this is an old thread but I want to resurrect it to ask more questions about the homemade style. I know the D&W is an effective fix but to me they have a very bad design. Those small plastic pins that make up the hinge on their tube is very weak. I take very good care of my stuff and I've managed to break both doors off the tube and I don't see a way to repair them.

I've shopped the 6" PVC tubes and just looks like that 6" is huge on the frame. seems to be a bit of overkill.

I would love to see some pics of the various homemade versions you guys have done to continue to gather examples before I decide which one. I know this is not an exciting topic but as we all know, very necessary to store and protect the hoses and surely to have them available to drain our tanks. Sooooooooo, guess I'd love your help.

BTW someone mentioned the D&W for $50 and all I can find is ones for upwards of $75 so even if I elect to do that again, where is it available for $50???

I think Heartland sells the tubes for about $33 plus shipping. No shipping if you happen to be in Elkhart.

retiredguy

Hi, sorry no pictures , but if you are in farm irrigation country, look for an old section of 5" aluminum irrigation pipe. Works great and is a strong tube.

esscobra

here is something g else you may want to try. I bought an additional
under-camper sliding spare tire bracket..modified it to carry my portable waste tank. no more carrying it in the bed of the truck or
in the basement. And...its always there if i need it.
2de918d3dd8559b3c94597f3915e0973.jpg

which p/n carrier did you order and what size model tank are you using?