sewer hose

2010augusta

Re: sewer hose update

We have been using a Valterra EZ Coupler hoes for 2 years of full-time use now, and the only issue was when a CG maintenance worker sliced a small hole in it with the gas-trimmer,and a few wraps of rescue tape fixed that.

Hard to explain paying $150+ for a stinky slinky when a $20 one will last for more than 2 years if cared for correctly.

Duramax1

I have no hesitation recommending the Rhinoflex.

It works like an accordian so you only stretch it to the length you wish to use, no more snaking the hose all around when you only need a short connection.

The 15 foot length easily compresses down for insertion into a bumper storage and I still have room for a second hose which I have now not used in two years.

It also comes with very flexible connections and a semitransparent section for viewing what is going through

PSF513

To view what goes through the hose, you need to be 1 of the following:

1. engineer who works in sewers and watches dirty movies for a living (HEY, that be me!):eek:
2. very sickly curious
3. bored

Tuke

I have had the same rhinoflex for 3 years. It's a great hose for reasons others have siad, but at the end of this camping season I was putting it away and found that the hose had cracked in half a dozen places. I think that I will buy another one because of the rigidity, but I haven't decided yet.

jimtoo

I use the sewer solutions system. Best 489 EVER SPENT. cHECK OUT THIER WEB SITE

Hi Djlogan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We stayed in Fernly, Nv a couple of times,, been a while back, but know where you are.

Enjoy the forum and hope you get a Heartland unit.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
the polychute looks like a good hose, thinking about getting one

Polychute is the best I have ever owned. I know it costs but you get what you pay for, a quality hose. If you buy one using this link I get a small commission. Then you can register as a 'dealer' also. Although I didn't buy one to make money but because I was tired of wasting my money on inferior products. www.Polychute.com?rid=30

caissiel

I buy mine Heavy Duty Camco hose from Waly World and they are 1/2 the price at camping stores. I find that i get more wear in storage than by use, because I store them in horizontal tubes and they travel in the tube. Now I make sure they are stuff tight in the tube so they will not go side to side. Can't remember the last time I scraped one.

jbeletti

You love that PolyChute hose Ken. Taking mine to its second RV in January.

I also have the extension. Pricey but again, very nice and when you need it, you need it. Though, you can thread on a piece of standard sewer hose on the end of the nozzle to extend as needed. Lot cheaper for the couple times a year you need more than 16 feet :)

Jim

Jim