Shock absorbers

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok, so heres the scenario...2015 bighorn 3685rl. We love the camper and are towards the end of our second season. I noticed that the shoc bushings were worn to **** and I just replaced all of them with the red summit racing bushings. During the repair, I started thinking...I wonder if they make better shocks? I believe these shocks take a beating...anyone?

-Ira

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

I got a set of JoyRider shocks free from the manufacturer as a gesture during my big I beam twisting $5500 repair during the Fall of 2014. Look at this video by Henderson's Line Up RV suspension experts of Grants Pass, Oregon. Check out the difference in ride bumpiness before and after the shocks install. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0aizlG4c68

I truly believe, though, that the best suspension solution for big 5th wheels is the MorRyde Independent Suspension which eliminates shock absorbers, springs, wet bolts, shackles and equalizers, and adds a rigid steel tube box between the I beams in the axles area.

mlpeloquin

You really need to check the Shackle bolts. On my Big Horn with the dry slip bearings guaranteed for life they were paper thin on one side and two were cracked in half. Two of the bolts were partially worn through after two years. I replaced them with wet brass bearings and lube bolts purchased at the Heartland rally in Goshen. Best thing I ever did. You need to remove the bolts to see both.