Shortest and lightest TV for a Bighorn 3755 or 3855

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Reading this thread is beyond frustrating. For Pete's sake go get your pickup and get a smaller trailer and keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone you share the road with safe!! In my opinion you do not know what you are doing and that is just dangerous. Anyone telling you differently is not helping at all. How about this, get a Freightliner and park it with your trailer in storage, then with the money you save modding your pickup buy a smart car or a Prius.

http://www.sporttruckrv.com/TruckDetail.aspx?id=2013 Scottsdale Edition New

Jadocs

Filou, just keep in mind that the stock wheels are hub centric. Be careful if you decide on a set of aftermarkets as the majority will be lug centric. In other words even if they are "rated" for a higher weight your weak link will be the weight capacity of your lugs.

priorguy

I know your pretty certain about the F350 and it'd be my choice as well but have you thought about small commercial trucks. I drive past a Hino dealer near my shop allot and that may do the trick for your cab-over wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filou

Filou, just keep in mind that the stock wheels are hub centric. Be careful if you decide on a set of aftermarkets as the majority will be lug centric. In other words even if they are "rated" for a higher weight your weak link will be the weight capacity of your lugs.
Ah, okay. Thought the Assassins are good. They came with a vehicle specific centration ring. Okay i should keep the Ford rims.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My friend Filou, you are just over thinking this stuff to death. Go buy your Ford, go get the BH and just GO. I have never, ever seen someone come up with the questions you do. A centration ring?? What in the world is that??? I have worked on cars and trucks all my life and NEVER even heard that word. You are buying a PU truck and trailer for pete sake. One would think you are planning a trip to the moon. As to a COE truck.....why.....in an accident....your the 1st one at the wreck.

In closing, if you are going to a nervous wreck the whole time you are on the road. Maybe you should not do this. That kind of driver, towing 23K and 50' long in panic mode, is a danger to everybody around you.

Can't read this stuff anymore. Good luck.

Filou

Sorry wrong word.
They call it hub ring for hub centric fitment. Included in the wheel installation package, with vehicle specific nuts or logs.

We have a proverb in Europe. "Every mistake in the world is already done, don't need to repeat it, just ask"
Thats why i ask much.
If i finish all concerns before driving, i can just drive relaxed. No room for other thinks while driving.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sorry wrong word.
They call it hub ring for hub centric fitment. Included in the wheel installation package, with vehicle specific nuts or logs.

We have a proverb in Europe. "Every mistake in the world is already done, don't need to repeat it, just ask"
Thats why i ask much.
If i finish all concerns before driving, i can just drive relaxed. No room for other thinks while driving.

I don't know, but it sounds to me that maybe you should hire a driver with their own tow vehicle to pull your RV.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Filou, I dont know how things are done in Europe as far as safety concerns/standards on any motor vehicle. Here in the US...anything and everything has to meet strict standards set by the Federal Goverment (NTSB). Every part, nut and bolt is tested for safety. I have never, ever seen or heard of any OEM wheels breaking on any truck or car built here. I have been around body shops and have seen vehicles brought in that were totally destroyed to the point you could not tell what the car/truck was and the wheels were still intact. Filou, you are WAY OVER THINKING THIS. You are not going to be flying the space shuttle.....you are buying a PU truck that all the "parts of it" are rated for what you want it to do. The only thing that could possible happen to your truck would getting hit by a freight train...broadside at 60 mph. At that point it would not matter if one of the wheels broke. Please....for all our sake's. Go buy the Ford, the BH, go camping and be happy. You been given over and over, sage advise on what to do. This thread is now "beyond the pale" as far as I am concerned.

Filou

I think, you are right, i should move around and seek for matching offers. TV and FW. And than look for a good garage to build in the Airliftkit.

BTW. Every part, OEM or aftermarket, in europe which has influence on the vehicle's security, even a windscreenwhiper, must be tested for security. Than it gets a technical component report/survey. And in this report stand all vehicles in which this part can be build in and exactly how to build in and what to modify on the vehicle to build the part in. If your vehicle is not in the TCS, you are not allowed to build it into your vehicle. And after you builded it in, you have to go to a gov. accredited technical surveyor. He looks on the modifikation on the vehicle and how it is done. If and only if he is giving his okay, you get this part written into your vehicle registration. And every part which is not in your vehicle registration is not legal.
And every 2 years you have to take your vehicle to a gov. accredited technical surveyor which checks the vehicle on safety and emissions. One broken bulb in your exterior lighting and you failed the test. You don't get the stamp and you get some time, normaly 2 weeks, to fix the vehicle and do the test again. If you fail the test again, the surveyor prohibites the use of the vehicle on every street. Until its fixed.
If the defect is so hugh that your vehicle is dangerous to others, your vehicle is off every street on the first test, and you must get on a trailer to move it around. Defect brakes for example.

Thats why i'm asking a litle bit to much. I'm searching for this technical informations, but couldn't find it always. Mostly only fit or fit not.
In europe i just would look into the part surveys and had any information i need.