Show us your first RV . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Some of our best camping memories came from our old beat up Coachman.

We sure had a lot of fun with it . . . but I really don't want it back! :cool:

tcrow

Hi Heartland Friends

Our first was a 19" Komfort (1971/ used) which was mostly used in eastern Montana as a hunting camper. Took my wife out for a weekend four years ago and she wondered where all the amenities were:eek: So I said,ok, Monday we are getting anew trailer,

Started shopping and found a 28 ft., Jayco Bunkhouse. three years of use and we went out and found a 3055 Big Horn RL. Everything we need.

Just came home from Glacier Park and our first week stay. Trying to figure out some issues but it worked well.

jimtoo

Hi tcrow,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your 3055RL unit.

Jim M

MCTalley

Though we often talked about buying some type of RV through the years as the kids were growing up, we ended up camping in a 10 person tent. Thus, our first Big Country was our first RV. This picture was of it's first campground stop in September, 2012.

IMG_8280-L.jpg

TikiDawg

Our first RV was a 2008 Weekend Warrior FSWL3200. It measured 40' from tounge to tail. It served us well traveling the western States.
cb04b33051d0c8be5ab0cacb180cc40a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Thus, our first Big Country was our first RV. This picture was of it's first campground stop in September, 2012.

IMG_8280-L.jpg

We bought our second camper, which was our first Heartland product, on September 11, 2012.

Here it is just minutes after we left the dealership with our brand new 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 22RK:

NewCamperTruck-P9110306.jpg

mlpeloquin

Well you made me search our old photographs and I could not find one of our old Starcraft tent trailer. I found a picture of one on the net. We purchased it used with our tax return. Had a lot of fun with it and have to admit that we could put it almost anywhere. It is the smallest tent trailer that Starcraft made. I installed a furnace, electric water pump and two batteries. It had an icebox and a two burner stove top. The single propane tank lasted over two weeks, but the charge on the batteries only lasted thirteen days. The furnace kept it toasty all night. We had to use a five gallon bucket for the gray water.

Starcraft Tent Trailer.jpeg

TxRoadWarrior362

Our Rockwood pop-up. Made some great memories with this trailer. Stored it in our garage. Bought it for $2,850 and sold it two years later for $3,400.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 33

HornedToad

My first camping rig, a 1994 Bayliner cuddy cabin, was the best investment I've ever made... in my family!!! I still have it today and it starts first time every time.

I spent more nights camping out on that boat, than I have on any of the trailers I've owned since. DW the baby and I would sleep in the cuddy, two of the girls on the back to back fold down seats, and one on the rear pop up sun pad. With a full enclosure, a porta potty and room to tote all our camping gear in the cuddy... it was my RV on the water.
Butte 4th of July 1994.jpg

JohnD

I had a speed boat before we moved to Colorado.

Used to take it up to northern lower Michigan, and of course . . . led us to buy a house on a lake!

I'll have to see if I can dig up some old shots of it.

JohnD

It is nice having a nice new trailer for our adventures, but these old campers we've had over the years sure do bring up some good memories!

I know there is more out there for you guys to post . . .

Lets see more photos if you've got 'em!

Abear79

We got a 1980 Wilderness from my paw paw in 2009. The last time he used it was 1987. I had to fix it up. The roof and windows leaked. Nichole painted it. I had to build a new table. The only thing that worked great was the a/c. It would freeze you out. We had tried for years to get it from him. But we just wanted to use it to see if we really was ready for a RV , having the 3 children. We had a lot of fun in that lil coach. My children got to camp in the same camper my grandparents took me in when I was 6-7 years old.

254.jpg243.jpgDSC_0305.jpgDSC_0302.jpgDSC_0300.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We got a 1980 Wilderness from my paw paw in 2009. The last time he used it was 1987. I had to fix it up. The roof and windows leaked. Nichole painted it. I had to build a new table. The only thing that worked great was the a/c. It would freeze you out. We had tried for years to get it from him. But we just wanted to use it to see if we really was ready for a RV , having the 3 children. We had a lot of fun in that lil coach. My children got to camp in the same camper my grandparents took me in when I was 6-7 years old.

View attachment 52758View attachment 52759View attachment 52760View attachment 52761View attachment 52762

I recognize that family. Lol. Glad y'all enjoyed it and upgraded to what you have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wmnmy

image.jpegours was a 2010 cyclone 2812 we got in 2009 absolutely loved this fifthweel great cross country trips and memories in this jewel ....

fastcarsspeed

We tent camped for a long time and then got her in 2010. We just sold it to a young family this past weekend. The Expedition went about a year after we got it. 27' with a rear slide Keystone Outback toy hauler. Hard to believe it slept 5 of us.

IMG_4489-Edit.jpg

JohnD

We tent camped for a long time and then got her in 2010. We just sold it to a young family this past weekend. The Expedition went about a year after we got it. 27' with a rear slide Keystone Outback toy hauler. Hard to believe it slept 5 of us.

View attachment 52843

When we decided to trade in our Trail Runner we looked at an Outback bumper pull toy hauler with the garage up front . . . would have made an excellent craft room!

Almost bought that, but the Prowler was more what we were looking for.