Shower Door Sweep (Seal) -- where to get one?

TxCowboy

I've been searching several of the larger RV parts websites and can't seem to find the replacement for the shower door seal/sweep. This is the clear rubberized blade that is attached to the upper and lower edges of the shower door.

Any ideas what these parts (they should be interchangeable) are called and where to get them?

Thanks!

olcoon

I've replaced 2 of them on our shower door. The first one I got at Ron Hoovers RV in Donna, TX. The 2nd one I also got at an RV dealer somewhere. Some RV dealers will have them, you'll have to ask for the seal...unless you want to search the store.

AAdams

I bought 2 of them at camping world ( service department ) in New Braunfels TX. for the neo-angle shower. They were longer than needed just trimmed to length.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If the shower enclosure is like the one in my 2011 BH then the wipe should just pull out.
I have replaced mine a couple of times now.
On one occasion I took the wipe from the top of the door and used it on the bottom.
I found that the wipe was rubbing on the bottom still. After the first replacement I adjusted the door so it would no longer rub.
No more torn wipes.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Thanks, Dave. I think I see how they fit. I pulled the damaged wiper and can tell the door is way out of adjustment. Seems the wipers just press into place -- takes quite a bit of pressure to get them in.

I've got two wipers on order so I'll probably do the door adjustment and wiper replacement at the same time during the holidays.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Adjusting the door is a simple procedure.
If you are out of adjustment the new seal will not last long.
Just follow the link provided in post #2 and follow the instructions.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Thanks, I've already downloaded the Wiper Fix guide to my digital library and printed off a hard copy.

TxCowboy

OK, let me ask another stupid question. These blades just press on, right? I'm killing myself trying to get these things installed. They don't just slide in as there is no access from the sides. Is there a lube or something I'm supposed to be using?

I'm about to grab a rubber mallet and try to bang the thing into place.

EDIT: I have a message waiting with SEA but haven't heard back from them. Trying to get this project finished.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If I recall correctly you need to put one edge of the wipe in the channel first then work the other edge in.
Have you adjusted the frame to square up the door?

Peace
Dave

TxCowboy

OK, I played with these silly blades until my fingers bled. Threw them away and bought a set that actually fits over the top and bottom of the shower door rather than into the little slide guides.

Noted that the shower door was badly out of adjustment. Looking at the SEA instructions for adjusting the shower door, it became clear to me very quickly that I was going to have to remove and reinstalled two of the three shower panels and frames.

Decided not to do that.

Instead, I took my handy dandy box cutter and trimmed the lower door seal level with the shower door frame. If this door seal lasts for a couple of years, it is well worth the $8.00 I paid for it and I didn't have to hassle with rebuilding the shower stall to remedy the poor installation.