Shower Doors

Eagleglenn

We have the 2013 3010 RE model and I have been looking at trying to remove the shower doors to give them a good cleaning. I originally thought that they just lifted up off the guide track to be removed (like our household shower doors), but they don't budge. It looks like the slider has some type of locking mechanism, but I don't want to end up damaging anything by mistake. Can anyone suggest how to remove these doors?

I am also looking into an OEM door seal that will prevent water from getting between the doors, or at least something better than what is currently installed.

Thanks,

GB

Herm45

We have the same doors and I too wanted to remove and clean, however found the same as you did. We read a solution to the problem here on the forum. Someone suggested to put up a extension rod above the top of the door frame and hang a clear plastic shower curtain. It has really worked great!! We keep the doors in the "travel mode" all the time. You can get some good information on this forum. Good Luck and safe travels.

danemayer

We have the 2013 3010 RE model and I have been looking at trying to remove the shower doors to give them a good cleaning. I originally thought that they just lifted up off the guide track to be removed (like our household shower doors), but they don't budge. It looks like the slider has some type of locking mechanism, but I don't want to end up damaging anything by mistake. Can anyone suggest how to remove these doors?

I am also looking into an OEM door seal that will prevent water from getting between the doors, or at least something better than what is currently installed.

Thanks,

GB

Hi Eagleglenn,

Can you post a picture of your shower. Other owners who have the same shower might be able to give you additional tips.

stevenssr

I think this is an excellent question. The doors are so flexible I have been stuffing a towel between them and moving it around. Works ok, but eventually I'll need to really clean them. I also have to be careful not to knock off the plastic squeegee thing between the doors. If I did, water would spray right between the doors onto the floor. Weird design, but it appears to be needed to make the stow lock work on the outside of the door at the back. If they used a flip-down, stow latch in the track they could probably flip the doors around and avoid plastic squeegee thing.

Garypowell

I have not tried to remove mine but have thought about it. I have assumed one would unscrew the top piece and then it would be easy from there. But again have not tried.

I did pick up two ideas from others on the forum.

1. Use the clean in fingers of those devices that are used to clean blinds to clean between the glass.

2. Use Rainex once the glass is clean. This has helped keep the glass really clean for a longer period of time.

and I have learned to put several towels on the floor when cleaning the glass.