Shower Drain Leak

We have a 2014 North Trail 30 RKDD that we purchased new last summer. We used it every weekend from mid-July through the end of the camping season. I had some warranty work and the winterization done at the dealer at seasons end. This past weekend while showering I noticed the water wasn't draining from the shower pan. I knew my gray water tank was ready to be drained, but I didn't think it was anywhere near full.
After I finished showering I waited several minutes. Eventually the water drained (or so I thought.) I went out to drain the gray tank and when I pulled the release I saw a lot of water running out from the underbelly cover. I took the heat duct cover off the front of the shower pan to check the drain, and found the p-trap connection to the shower drain was cross-threaded and leaking. I could push down on the shower pan near the drain and see the plumbing, including the p-trap moving up and down slightly. I was able to turn that fitting off the drain, and correctly thread/tighten. It no longer leaks.
In order for the p-trap to fit under the shower pan, a "divot" was cut into the top plywood layer, as well as the styrofoam insulation under the shower. That "divot" was full of water, which I was able to soak up with paper towels. I placed a fan in front of the shower pan to help dry out the floor.
Lessons learned: 1) Drain gray tank every weekend. 2) Shore up the shower pan floor under drain where it had movement.