Shower faucet replacement

I have a 2013 NT 24 RBS. The shower take-off is leaking at the "T". How do I replace the faucet unit or "T" in the faucet? Help, I don't want to cut the shower wall.

danemayer

Hi EugeneNT2013,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We've got a great group of friendly and helpful owners here, so I expect you'll get some feedback shortly.

Domi

Our Shower fawcet has 4 screws that would allow the unit to be repalced, I am guessing yours does not. Are you sure the shower head line is tight. I know when we put a new shower head on that it tried to leak there. You might also look and replace the washer there as that might help as well.

You might post a picture and that might help some of us. If it will not let you post a picture that means you have to have 2 posts or more to the forums before it will let you post pictures.

Hope you get it fixed.

John

Thanks for your response Domi and John. You are correct we do not have the 4 screws on our unit. I have the knobs off and the cover plate removed exposing the "T" and can see the crack. I suspect that the "T" is removable without disconnecting the taps. I will try to gently manipulate the "T" out and will post my progress. I cannot imaging that Heartland would engineer a unit that was inaccessible to replacement.
Later and thanks again.

danemayer

Heartland installs inspection ports like this one in the higher-end trailers. If need be, you can install one in your rig to gain access to the back of the fittings.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's a pic of our shower with the port Dan mentioned removed. We removed the entire port so our chunky arms could reach inside.

b6c01aa6d6693948e2c7e07749300e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk