Shower Handle Mismounted

Greengas

Here are a couple of photos of the shower handle. First you can see that the handle, when in the full off position, is not pointing straight down. Next you can see the close up of the gap of the left side. I checked and not only is there a gap but it is not caulked.

Shower 2.JPG

Shower 1.jpeg

I will be sending an e-mail to Heartland and Camping World with all my photos and concerns. Should be interesting to see their response.

danemayer

Ronn,

I'm not familiar with that fixture, but I'm wondering if the position can be corrected by loosening the cover plate and aligning the fixture.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to change the position of the handle by removing it and changing the position on the splined shaft.
A pretty basic procedure for single handle faucets.

Peace
Dave

Greengas

Dan

I'm sure it can be fixed by going through the access panel in the back and resetting the hardware. Be assured, that is exactly what I will have Camping World do. My guess is that who ever was doing the interior work building my coach was in a hurry to get it done. Probably the same person who did the sliding door bumper, the shelf supports, and the closet hanging bars (see next post).

Greengas

I've done that to my showers at home. You are right, it is easy. So easy that it never should have left the factory that way. But, it just goes on the list of things to have Camping World take care of.