Shower leaking

Pulltab

Hey, thanks for the tip Pulltab. I know what you're talking about. I had already picked up a tube of silicon that doesn't need a gun since the gun is so awkward, especially in the shower. Maybe between the two I can make it look good...and not leak. :)
thumbup-1.gif

jimpav

We bought our 35DSRL about a month ago and have used the shower frequently. No leaks so far, but still trying to figure out the portal in the rear shower wall's purpose. I guess it's an access for plumbing and it also looks like there's a vacuum break or something in there. Sure would be nice if the "owner's manual" would describe this.
PS We did get water in the bottom cabinet under the refrigerator during a terrible rainstorm. Traced this to inadequate/sloppy caulking in the outside compartment area.

itsbeertime

We bought our 35DSRL about a month ago and have used the shower frequently. No leaks so far, but still trying to figure out the portal in the rear shower wall's purpose. I guess it's an access for plumbing and it also looks like there's a vacuum break or something in there. Sure would be nice if the "owner's manual" would describe this.
PS We did get water in the bottom cabinet under the refrigerator during a terrible rainstorm. Traced this to inadequate/sloppy caulking in the outside compartment area.
The round thing in the shower is indeed plumbing access and the thing inside there is most likely the backflow thingy for the black tank flush. I read where they moved it there from inside a wall where it used to be.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our shower is 1 piece and has not leaked ... yet ... however we do not get 'wild in the shower' so maybe that is some peoples problems LOL:D