Shower problem and how to disconnect sink in Bistro (Big Country Model 3690 Sl) Rear elevated kitchen

icechex

First of all I want to say how appreciative I am that we have this site. It has helped me in the past and I hope I can gain some assistance this time also.

First - I have a water leak in my shower which is puzzling to me. The leak "only starts leaking" when the water valves (in the shower) are "opened." As long as I don't open the valves - "I have no leak." To me it's obviously (but I am no plumber) the mixing valve itself but upon removing it I can see no problem with it. The o-rings look good and there are no cracks. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Second - I am removing the sink in the bistro and am wanting to turn off the water to it (the sink) from it's source - leaving the water lines in place. I'm not sure which are the 'hot and cold lines" going back to the bistro. If someone can give some help (hopefully with pictures/diagrams) I would greatly appreciate it.

many thanks in advance

D.

2012 Big Country Model 3690SL - elevated rear kitchen/outside bistro

farside291

Mine did the same thing after I froze the trailer. Keep in mind the faucets are the inexpensive Duro brand and are all plastic. Mine only leaked when the knobs were in the on position. If you have small hands you can change the faucets from the removable plate below the shower knobs. I could not. I had to remove the trim and pull back the wall panel. I believe with two people one to hold the new fixture in place and one to stick their hands through the opening to connect the plastic nuts to the faucet and connect the water lines it may be possible. I am sure someone on here has done this repair through the hole in the shower wall.

rhodies1

Question about your leak..is the water running into the basement of your unit,you say it only leaks when faucet turned on,where is the leak,front side of taps into shower stall or behind wall.If you are finding water in the basement maybe you have a crack in the shower liner around the drain.Just a thought depending on where your leak is located...

icechex

Question about your leak..is the water running into the basement of your unit,you say it only leaks when faucet turned on,where is the leak,front side of taps into shower stall or behind wall.If you are finding water in the basement maybe you have a crack in the shower liner around the drain.Just a thought depending on where your leak is located...

thanks for your response - the leak is on the back side of the valves and leaking down into the basement.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine did the same thing after I froze the trailer. Keep in mind the faucets are the inexpensive Duro brand and are all plastic. Mine only leaked when the knobs were in the on position. If you have small hands you can change the faucets from the removable plate below the shower knobs. I could not. I had to remove the trim and pull back the wall panel. I believe with two people one to hold the new fixture in place and one to stick their hands through the opening to connect the plastic nuts to the faucet and connect the water lines it may be possible. I am sure someone on here has done this repair through the hole in the shower wall.

Yeah, I think it might of froze during the winter. And from your reply I'm pretty sure I'll have to change the valve. Good to know it's inexpensive (although I didn't know anything was inexpensive when it came to RV's lol).

And I can change this myself - since I've already taken it out and put it back once. The strange thing is the valve does not look damaged in any way. It must be that the o-rings are bulged or something. Thanks for your response.

- - - Updated - - -

Turn on the hot water and hold the lines, you'll find the hot one !!!

Not sure I understand your response. Is it possible you meant to answer a different question?

icechex

Turn on the hot water and hold the lines, you'll find the hot one !!!
Thanks for the response. At first I didn't understand it. I am fully capable of finding the 'hot and cold' lines - RED is HOT and BLUE is COLD. Lol. What I meant to say (and what I was not 'clear' about) was how to find both the hot and cold lines "going to the sink in the bistro, "from the basement."

So, if you have some idea as to which two lines (hot and cold) are the ones leaving the basement and going to the bistro I would appreciate it.

I'm sorry that I worded my question wrong.

Bones

Thanks for the response. At first I didn't understand it. I am fully capable of finding the 'hot and cold' lines - RED is HOT and BLUE is COLD. Lol. What I meant to say (and what I was not 'clear' about) was how to find both the hot and cold lines "going to the sink in the bistro, "from the basement."

So, if you have some idea as to which two lines (hot and cold) are the ones leaving the basement and going to the bistro I would appreciate it.

I'm sorry that I worded my question wrong.

As far as I know most of our trailers do not have home run lines. They tee off of one of the lines that are closest to it. It is next to impossible to shut one fixture off without shutting off the whole trailer. I wouldn't recommend putting a plug at the end either as this can lead to stagnate water in the line because it can't exchange with fresh water as well