Shower skylight replacement

Sierra66

So our shower skylight is opaque white and just getting back from Florida, I can’t help but think how much better it would look in the bathroom with a clear one. This would also greatly enhance the appearance from the outside as well.

I am am looking for the best place to get a new one. This one seems to be one piece on top, sealed to the roof and one piece on the inside screwed to the ceiling. I suppose a “kit” with the two would be desirable.

The inside of the bubble measures 14/22” and the outside flange @ 17/24. Where do I begin?

Thanks!

Sierra66

Ya I’ve been on Amazon and the like. Many many options. It seems this will be a two part replacement. One outer dome and one inner equipped with a flange around to hide the big hole cut through the roof.

This is seems to be a small rabbit hole that is getting bigger. But I still think this would look and perform great. Is there any material I should choose over another? Is one polycarbonate better at resisting UV than another?

Gary521

Yes, you need polycarbonate that is designed to be UV resistant. I have polycarbonate skylights on my house.