Shower surround pulled out of wall.

Terryd91

the top of our shower, where the top bar meets the wall and about half way across the panel has pulled away from the wall. It looks like none of the screws hit a stud. Anyone know what the center is on the wall so i can try to locate at least one stud? My big worry is the edge where the top bar meets the wall has the weight of the door and top rail, there is nothing supporting it. Not really sure what else i can do, i guess i can hit the shower panel with some construction adhesive since it's not structural but not sure what to do about the edge. Also have to figure out why the shower leaks between the base and the door...

wdk450

1. Take some pictures.
2. Call Heartland Service (with your VIN handy) for DIY advice.
3. Think about taking it in to Elkhart Factory service.

Terryd91

1. Take some pictures.
2. Call Heartland Service (with your VIN handy) for DIY advice.
3. Think about taking it in to Elkhart Factory service.

It's out of warranty so it will be diy or maybe the local independent guy, but I've never had work done by them. Might try giving them a ring and see if they have some wisdom for me.

wdk450

Sometimes when you call Heartland Service about some of these glaring issues when you are slightly out of warranty, they will cover them as a goodwill gesture. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Terryd91

Honestly I noticed it beginning of last year, while it was under warranty still but the dealer claimed they would need it for a month or two. We had the few trips we could take last year already scheduled and didn't want to have to cancel them. Called later in the season and it was the same "month or two" and then I forgot all about it until I winterized it.

If I run into the dealer at the rv show tomorrow I might question them about it. Previous track record with them isn't great but it's worth a shot. I'll call Heartland when I have a chance.

sengli

Quite a few of the things, arent screwed into anything, but the luan covering on the walls. Hitting a stud will be few and far between. The carpet floor board covers that are in our landmarks closet, had to be removed to fix an exterior water leak. So I found the screws and removed the pieces so I could do my repairs. Trying to put them back was a joke, as there wasnt anything there of any substance to screw to. The original holes were to loose to use again after the screws were backed out.

One thing I had done before is shoot some epoxy into the screw hole and let it harden, then re-run your screw into the wall.