Side Wall Crack and Slide Room Adjustment

Hipower

I own a 2011 Cyclone 3800 HD and have noticed that the outside wall at the top right corner of the kitchen slide has a crack about 1.5 inches long. There is no other sign of stress in the area, what can I do to repair this?

I also noticed that the bedroom slide is rubbing the wall on the bathroom side. It just rubs at the top of the slide were the wood work over the bed is. Is there an adjustment for the slides?

Thanks

Garypowell

I have a different model but same crack. I tracked it down to someone put the screw that holds the D seal backing too close to the edge. Of course the pressure of the room closing finished the job. I have tried a variety of things. From my inspection the Gel Coat seems to be simply laid on top of a wood underlayment. I had always thought the gel coat was a finish coat on top of fiberglass.....but don't see any fiberglass.

I have tried epoxy, caulk, gel coat repair kit, and now back to caulk to simply seal the crack. No matter what I did the crack reappeared. It does not seem to be growing (its about 1.5 years old) and the latest white caulk seems to be holding OK.

We plan on keeping this unit until the wheels fall off and by then a little crack won't matter.

Certainly if you come up with a good fix that works.....let us know.

mlpeloquin

Yes the slide can be adjusted. It should not rub the sides at all. I have a crack do to another problem. That problem has been fixed, and the crack, which split at the top center, was about 50 thousands and tapering to nothing six inches long. It is now as tight as can be and calked. I will eventually get the fiberglass fixed properly and painted.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you drill a small hole at the end of a crack...that will normally stop it from getting longer.

Garypowell

Failed To mention that's what I did on my crack....and it has not moved in 1.5 years. Just can't make it look good.

Hipower

Great! Thanks for the help everyone. I was thinking about drilling the hole, nice to know it works. When I have made sure it has stopped and calked it properly I will get a sigh shop to put some matching graphic tape over it. Should look like it came from the factory with it.

Any my advice on how to adjust the bedroom slide so it doesn't rub or is that a dealer fix?