Signed the papers for our 2013 BH 3260RS Elite today :)

My wife and I are absolutely thrilled with our new 5er. We have never owned any type of RV before. Going from tent camping to this, wow!

jimtoo

Hi PainWhisperer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go to pick up you new Big Horn,,, do a very slow PDI... have your dealer have everything hooked up,, water, sewer drain, tv..electric...... make sure you can operate everything and everything operates... even to heating water in the microwave,, flushing the toilet,,,draining the tanks and all. From hookup to unhook.... Even take a video camera and record as necessary. Then camp, if possible, on the dealers lot where anything you find can be adjusted or fixed before you take final delivery.

Let us know how it goes and if the Heartland Family can help,,, we are here for you.

Again ,,, Welcome to the Heartland Family.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Perfect advice from Jim.

Congratulations and enjoy your new rig. Trace

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Congratulations! Think about joining the Owners Club and attending some rallies to meet your fellow owners. Lots of great advice on the forum. Even more advice and assistance (and fun, and food, and comraderie at rallies - did I mention the food?!)

Hi Jim,
thank you for the advice. A video camera is a great idea, that way I can review it anytime I have questions. Speaking of questions:
1. How much time should I set a side for the PDI?
2. What do the letters PDI mean?

Thanks again.
Joel
Hi PainWhisperer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go to pick up you new Big Horn,,, do a very slow PDI... have your dealer have everything hooked up,, water, sewer drain, tv..electric...... make sure you can operate everything and everything operates... even to heating water in the microwave,, flushing the toilet,,,draining the tanks and all. From hookup to unhook.... Even take a video camera and record as necessary. Then camp, if possible, on the dealers lot where anything you find can be adjusted or fixed before you take final delivery.

Let us know how it goes and if the Heartland Family can help,,, we are here for you.

Again ,,, Welcome to the Heartland Family.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Joel, A PDI is a pre delivery inspection and it should take 3 to 4 hours. Search the forum for a written one.

jejinks

Welcome to the Heartland Family and especially to the Big Horn Family. We love ours and we have fulltimed as well as weekend camped in it. We have spent nights in -4 degrees in Cherokee, NC to 116+ degrees in Arlington, Tx. I think you will be well pleased. Hope to see you at some rallies in the future.

Westwind

Welcome to the Heartland and Bighorn family - you have gotten some good advise on the previous posts, everyone here including the heartland reps love to help so take advantage of us! :)