Sirius Radio Renewal

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Duane, I also listen to the 50's at times. I did not mind the jabber at times. Being a 50's music buff I learned alot about the different doo-wop groups. One DJ sent me a MP3 email of a Moonglows song that you could no longer get anywhere. I put it on a CD.

whj77372

I just picked up my new 2011 F250 diesel crew cab long bed and listed on the window sticker as an option is Sirius XM for 6 months at $195.00 it is not free and I not be continuing the service!

jnbhobe

I just picked up my new 2011 F250 diesel crew cab long bed and listed on the window sticker as an option is Sirius XM for 6 months at $195.00 it is not free and I not be continuing the service!

Hummmm! If its not free then it must be a forced option, I know I didn't pay anything extra for it on the invoice.

porthole

Retired
The service was free for 6 months. Mine stopped right on time on the 6 month anniversary, half way to Goshen.

AttyVette

We just got the lifetime deal on our 2011 Volt...it is over $800 though ( service plan, licensing fees and taxes) but since we tend to keep our vehicles for a long time, I bought the lifetime contract on this service. By the way, we have the lifetime Sirius XM on our 2009 Silverado and it cost us almost $600 two years ago so they have increased the cost of this lifetime service about $200 dollars.. Crazy how everything keeps going up...I just think it's ridiculous to raise the cost $200 for this lifetime service...$100 a year since 2009..you can do 5 monthly installment payment plans on your credit card though...

Last edited:

jimtoo

We just got the lifetime deal on our 2011 Volt...it is over $800 though ( service plan, licensing fees and taxes) but since we tend to keep our vehicles for a long time, I bought the lifetime contract on this service. By the way, we have the lifetime Sirius XM on our 2009 Silverado and it cost us almost $600 two years ago so they have increased the cost of this lifetime service about $200 dollars.. Crazy how everything ( except my salary) keeps going up...No raise in 11 years but at least I have a job...I just think it's ridiculous to raise the cost $200 for this lifetime service...$100 a year since 2009..you can do 5 monthly installment payment plans on your credit card though...

The "lifetime" plan your referring to,, is this for that one radio that you registered or can you change radio's... like trade for a new car or truck,,, you have new radio.? Would it continue or do you know?

Jim M

Lamphere

Sometimes if you wait after the "free" time is up you can renew cheeper. We just got the year on our truck for $77 plus fees.

porthole

Retired
$77 and I would almost consider it. I have yet to get an offer for less then $120 @ year, and the Travel link stuff is all on top of that.
So far sat radio just can't beat my iPod. At least with my iPod I can listen for days and not here the same song twice.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
When my free year ran out Sirius offered me a life time deal for that one radio. It was around 300 bucks if I remember right. Knowing that I would have the truck for a long time it seemed like a good idea at the time. We will be looking for a new Dodge in 2 or 3 years but I keep the old one and still have that radio. I really like using the radio on longer trips so I think the lifetime deal is the way to go if they still have it.

On my 2003 GMC I got the lifetime and transfered to the 2007, I am getting 2011 nexr month and plan to transfer it there too. If you negotiate with them they will do just about anything.

sgtbigb

Thanks for head up, mine sirius is up for renewal and I was going to pay yhe renewal price, but now i will wait for a better offer:=)
Because I'm pretty Ummm, frugal, ok call it cheap...I decided not to renew the Sirius radio subscription on my truck when the free first year ran out. I noticed they had shut it off a couple days ago. I had called them and the best price they had for a renewal was $12.95/mo. plus taxes. I decided to wait and see what they would come down to..Today I renewed it for $6.42/mo plus applicable taxes. Comes to $7.63 a month with fees and tax. Of course I don't think I will get to listen to Howard Stern (Oh Gee) or the other smut peddlers but I think I can get along without them...Don:)

sgtbigb

I also have a Chevy Volt, its a perfect retirement car:=)
We just got the lifetime deal on our 2011 Volt...it is over $800 though ( service plan, licensing fees and taxes) but since we tend to keep our vehicles for a long time, I bought the lifetime contract on this service. By the way, we have the lifetime Sirius XM on our 2009 Silverado and it cost us almost $600 two years ago so they have increased the cost of this lifetime service about $200 dollars.. Crazy how everything ( except my salary) keeps going up...No raise in 11 years but at least I have a job...I just think it's ridiculous to raise the cost $200 for this lifetime service...$100 a year since 2009..you can do 5 monthly installment payment plans on your credit card though...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just got a Ford Fiesta for a 'runaround' car. So far it is getting 33 mpg in the city and 44 mpg on the highway. Sure beats the 12 mpg the F350 is getting. We love the car, it is roomy and peppy. And it handles great. Has all of the sync features my King Ranch truck has including the satellite radio. I think Ford has a winner with this one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And we've got a 2010 Chevy Equinox (4-banger) that gets 30+ on the highway. Plenty of room for us and our gear when we take a road trip without the trailer. Drove it down to Orlando and then over to Gulf Shores last fall. Nice, comfortable ride and it's got plenty of power, even in Eco mode. Fits in parking lots that would shudder if the truck pulled in.

AttyVette

Jimtoo, we have been told that the radio has to stay in the vehicle it came in and if your radio is stolen or damaged, then you can get another radio....at least that's what I have been told..

AttyVette

Sgtbigb, We love our Chevy Volt..awesome car..beautiful inside and drives like a dream..too bad it can't pull our Heartland trailer though..We aren't retired yet and I pray I live long enough to retire ( not to mention I pray Social Security is still around). Anyways, we both love listening to the Siruis XM radio in both our Volt and our Silverado!