slide out adjust

Bobby A

I've had this nagging water leak every time it rains water enters my rig making the carpet wet. It appears to be coming in by the slideout seal that may need a small adjustment. I've noticed that on the opposite s/o that doesn't leak its quite tight against the bulb seal on the inside bottom of the coach. But on the suspect leaking s/o the bottom is about an inch from touching the bulb seal. Can someone tell me how to adjust just the left side bottom of the slideout to extent out about an inch to touch the bulb seal ?? Thanks very much,

Rcnewell11

I have problem with my slide on off door side .i hear pop and cracking when I open slide on my new ashland and it runs not square opening and closing .i get it closed on one end and 6 inchs out on other end .i didn't know if there was 2 motors running slides out on frame or did it brake shear pin in other side of slide to run gear sprocket from the drive shaft to other side .thanks Rob need help

danemayer

I have problem with my slide on off door side .i hear pop and cracking when I open slide on my new ashland and it runs not square opening and closing .i get it closed on one end and 6 inchs out on other end .i didn't know if there was 2 motors running slides out on frame or did it brake shear pin in other side of slide to run gear sprocket from the drive shaft to other side .thanks Rob need help

Rob,

You probably have a single ram that pushes/pulls the slide. There are also probably 2 rack and pinion gears (one on each end of the slide). As the ram pushes, the rack and pinion rotates a shaft that connects to the other rack and pinion. I'd check the engagement of those rack and pinion gears to see if they're meshing.

Rcnewell11

I found bad gear with teeth missing on one gear .i took it off and going to pick one up Monday.i brought slides out manually for now .i think we are closing and opening slides with keeping motor running to long after it stops in either direction and broke teeth off of gear and started having problems.i going to have schooling with dw and myself on moving slides in and out on switch on wall and stop over compressing slides at there stops.thanks Dan

danemayer

I found bad gear with teeth missing on one gear .i took it off and going to pick one up Monday.i brought slides out manually for now .i think we are closing and opening slides with keeping motor running to long after it stops in either direction and broke teeth off of gear and started having problems.i going to have schooling with dw and myself on moving slides in and out on switch on wall and stop over compressing slides at there stops.thanks Dan
Glad you found the broken part. It's probably a good idea to not hold the switch any longer than necessary. But in my experience if you do, you'll be loading down the hydraulic motor and pump, causing it to slip. Probably not so much the slide mechanism.

I'm wondering if something got caught in the gears. Does the meshing gear look ok?

Rcnewell11

Gear on other end looks good and I checked door side gears also on other slide and they are good also .i looked at alignment on meshing and all of them are square and same distance on alighnment on slide tubes .i didn't know if something got caught in gear like stone or some debris or just maybe running to long on limits and broke tooth.i will get fixed and run slide and check alighnment next week .stay tuned thanks for info

Rcnewell11

Fixed gear on slide and ran it couple times .i think it still needs more adjusting .i here and see room not running square again and putting pressure on new gear pack .i have appointment at heartland dealer Monday to check out .how do u guys adjust slides and time gear packs so room slides square in and out.what is adjustment specs on slides gap between wall and trim piece and height adjustment spec for sliding on carpet or hardwood floors .thanks rob

danemayer

Fixed gear on slide and ran it couple times .i think it still needs more adjusting .i here and see room not running square again and putting pressure on new gear pack .i have appointment at heartland dealer Monday to check out .how do u guys adjust slides and time gear packs so room slides square in and out.what is adjustment specs on slides gap between wall and trim piece and height adjustment spec for sliding on carpet or hardwood floors .thanks rob

I'm thinking you have a bind somewhere, or something has fallen into the path of the slide.

See post #2 for the Lippert manual. The pages toward the end show how to adjust.