Slide-Out Breakers?

I found this forum on "SLIDE-OUT BREAKERS" being tripped. I have had that same issue TWICE NOW, pulling IN the slides and extending them out this spring.

A neighbor came by and HE reset what I believe is the BREAKER but I am NOT sure I know which one it was and how to reset it and more importantly how to REPLACE IT if I am not sure what to replace?

Can someone help me out. We are about to leave our Landmark for the WINTER in our full time RV CO-OP park in Oregon. What happens is that when retracting the slides or extending the slides, they STOP and NOTHING THAT WE DO, pushing buttons and so on, produces any movement at all.

We are beside ourselves and I want to fix this once and for all.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 05-15-17 Yet another slide_hydraulic issue Solved Heartland Owners Fo...png
    Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 05-15-17 Yet another slide_hydraulic issue Solved Heartland Owners Fo...png
    85.7 KB · Views: 19

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Lyle, first up: THANK YOU.

Yes, the batteries were new last Summer and are ZERO MAINT style (not wet cell, as I am used to having in my Diesel RV which we keep on my parents property (Mom died two days ago, so we left Oregon to come back here). SAD DAYS.

I metered them the other day directly with my Multimeter and they checked out, plugged in, at 13.4 DC Volts which is also indicated on my Landmark Control Panel inside the front door (in a Cabinet),

OK, man, I will check it out when we return next week and if you are willing and able, I will send a photo of my compartment and will look for that type of Switch and shoot it up here so you can review this.

I had a neighbor last year bring over his PORTABLE JUMPER UNIT and he put it on and it worked to bring IN my slide-outs, so I purchase a battery pack jumper unit from Harbor Freight and when we got back to Oregon, and began Sliding our slides OUT, they failed again and my neighbor reset that module: I THINK!

When he did that, the last slide-out came out (the one that carries our Dinette and two Recliners) on the "PASSENGER" or ENTRY DOOR SIDE that we use to walk into our Landmark.

I sure do appreciate this forum and its smart members!

Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Follow the heavy red cables that come from the Trombetta (solenoid). One will go to the hydraulic pump and the other will go to the 50 amp 12 volt breaker located on the buss bar that Lyle mentioned. That will be the breaker you will want to change. About $10.
Disconnect the neutral cable from the battery before you change the breaker.
Low voltage is one thing that will weaken that breaker. I find it best to plug in to shore power before extending the slides. JMO.

Peace
Dave

Hi, Dave...this is Dave here, too!

Yeah, those may well be new batteries but they are likely CHEAPO from the Dealer. He replaced them for me and they
delivered the unit to our CO-OP in Oregon.

MAN, I sure appreciate you and LYLE. I cannot believe how useful our FORUM is! Thanks for your tips. I will be replacing the component when
we get back from here (with Wife's Dad, who lost HIS WIFE - - my Wife's Mom - - on 22 Aug 2024...just two days ago.

We will head back to Oregon next week and if you do not mind, I will take a Digital Shot of the component that is in question for you to approve for me to replace.

Thanks, Again,

Dave

david-steph2018

Lyle, first up: THANK YOU.

Yes, the batteries were new last Summer and are ZERO MAINT style (not wet cell, as I am used to having in my Diesel RV which we keep on my parents property (Mom died two days ago, so we left Oregon to come back here). SAD DAYS.

I metered them the other day directly with my Multimeter and they checked out, plugged in, at 13.4 DC Volts which is also indicated on my Landmark Control Panel inside the front door (in a Cabinet),

OK, man, I will check it out when we return next week and if you are willing and able, I will send a photo of my compartment and will look for that type of Switch and shoot it up here so you can review this.

I had a neighbor last year bring over his PORTABLE JUMPER UNIT and he put it on and it worked to bring IN my slide-outs, so I purchase a battery pack jumper unit from Harbor Freight and when we got back to Oregon, and began Sliding our slides OUT, they failed again and my neighbor reset that module: I THINK!

When he did that, the last slide-out came out (the one that carries our Dinette and two Recliners) on the "PASSENGER" or ENTRY DOOR SIDE that we use to walk into our Landmark.

I sure do appreciate this forum and its smart members!

Dave
Look for a breaker like this:
Sometimes these are covered by a red boot. Manual reset style has a push button on one end. The auto rest style does not have a push button.

no, the cover will pull off, the reset button is in one end of the breaker & it's a tiny button that you push in
I’ve seen a lot of things that talk about the slides not working on shore power or if the battery is low. Shouldn’t they work if I’m plugged in city electric?

Dahillbilly

the slide motors are 12 volt dc they need battery power in order to operate. Shore power only supplies 120 volts AC that's what keeps the battery charged if the converter is working properly
I’ve seen a lot of things that talk about the slides not working on shore power or if the battery is low. Shouldn’t they work if I’m plugged in city electric?

Here are images of my Power Compartment, where the batteries are located. I am trying to locate the (auto) reset interface for My slideouts because my Slide-outs are working only so far and then the stop suddenly, or will not move either way . A neighbor came by and found a reset and I am trying to determine if they need to be replaced with resets that are of a high spec? The second one is the REMOTE BATTERY DISCONNECT MODULE, I believe (it is printed on it). I am not sure which one is the relay or reset module for my Slideouts. THANKS!

Here are my pictures:

PXL_20240831_183426120.jpgPXL_20240831_183620331.jpgPXL_20240831_183545406.jpgPXL_20240831_183600238.MP.jpg

Roller4tan

Wow what a mess.. follow the hot lead from the slide hydraulic motor to the breaker youre lookimg for. Offhand I'd sat the 80 amp is the one.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
WOW! Is this a brand new unit or has it had a previous owner? That has a lot of components unsimiliar to ours.

Typically the breaker with the reset button is one of those under the red rubber boots. A very small black button is the reset button. Check that second one from the top

Lyle

Looks like a lot of aftermarket bandaids. Someone has done a lot of rewiring
Really? Our Rig was never owned by an individual but was a Dealer's Show unit. All of the stickers on the outside, in the shower and so on showed ZERO wear. The Washer & Drier were never used. Not a single pet. So, if that was done, I wonder by whom? HMMM?

I wonder if the Factory would know? I have had very little luck with them. They ran me around on my Control Module failing (KIBnet) and would not lift a single finger on trying to replace it and it has never worked for long. We have had it repaired twice by the outfit that manufactures them and when they sent it back the SECOND time after installing revised/repaired software, it has NEVER worked again.

Last edited:
OK, everyone. I found a Youtube Video referencing the SCHWINTEK SLIDE-OUT controller RESET PROCEDURE and the tech in this video advises us to reset those controllers after a few trips:

I spotted the reset procedure on the Controller itself: "Press this button 6 times and hold down on 7th until the lights start to flash."

Here is my picture. I am going to do this in the next day or so.
PXL_20240831_183620331.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that everyone, including me, thought you were dealing with a hydraulic slide not the Shcwintek electric.
Does that slideout have a row of gear like teeth on the sides?

Peace
Dave

I think that everyone, including me, thought you were dealing with a hydraulic slide not the Shcwintek electric.
Does that slideout have a row of gear like teeth on the sides?

Peace
Dave
Yes, on the VERY BOTTOM EDGE of BOTH BEDROOM SLIDES. One smaller bed-slide is inside our LARGER slide out, like a box in a box) and BOTH have those GEAR-LIKE TEETH. The other two MUCH larger slides do not have those Teeth.

Here are pictures of the BEDROOM SLIDES and the other two larger (living room and Kitchen Slides).

[The ropes were put on two days ago in a major wind storm which kept our Slide-out Toppers from TEARING OFF. It is an old trick that I learned from a guy in the Fla Keys - - ropes with bungee cords which act as slide-out topper WIND SHOCK absorbers.....they work like a champ.]

PXL_20240902_174905604.jpgPXL_20240902_175002634.jpg