Slide Out Bulb Seal Melting

carl.swoyer

The seal that is the issue on our rig is the one on the top of the mega slide. Its only looking melted in one spot at the moment. It is sticky and gooey looking though. We have toppers and always have had them from day one, on all three slides. Looks like the replacement wouldnt be too bad, except the topper is in the way. Guess I will go to steelrubber.com in the spring,.
Although some dirt from the lawn the rubber is like a soft tar , it's sticky and gooey.
aab0a3e1670a79bca6e1c18850bfea35.jpg
bb306456bb8ca80fe735f7494aa1c394.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wdk450

I re-read this thread today, and decided to do a web search for what is most recommended as the best external rubber UV protectant. I came upon the section in the Autogeeks website, the highly regarded automotive detail experts site. They recommended 303 Aerospace Protectant spray, but added a new bit of information that others hadn't. Supposedly the repeated applications of protectant to rubber just layer up, like wax on wood furniture. Autogeeks said that you need to remove the old protectant layers from the rubber each time BEFORE applying a new application of protectant. See the 2nd section (Undress) on this webpage: https://www.autogeek.net/trim-molding.html