Slide out issues

I have a 2019 Heartland Big Horn Model 3160EL. Under my driver side kitchen slide out I have a thin metal plate that runs length of the underside of the slide out floor that I just noticed is damaged/bent up.
I have no choice but to remove it before I can move slide out in.
Anyone ever replace this metal? Can it be done on the lot where we keep our RV without problems? Thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Can you post a picture of this metal plate?

Peace
Dave

We’re at home now so sorry I don’t have a picture of it. Noticed it when I was turning hose bib off after winterizing RV and getting ready to head home. I think it’s just a protective plate but didn’t have this one my 2011 Big Horn.

sengli

The plate your talking about is only over the wheels? Mine has that too. Its there I can assume to keep road debris flying off the tires at speed.... from tearing thru the dicor coverings on the floor sides.

garyroee

There are some steps to remove your slide out. Most sliding mechanisms are motorized and located below the main slide. Use pear and let open the cover extend to the maximum point. Use the block of wood and interceptor to support the width of slide. When the slide is maximized, release the slide from the handles. until it can be stored in your timeline. After the plate slide is removed, redesign your RV by placing supports.

sengli

I know exactly what metal piece your thinking of. I noticed after a couple of years the edge under the slide got bent, and was catching on the rubber seals. I reached in and bent it back down. I didnt remove it.

clark261

All that is required here is to totally separate the slide-out from your RV. However, it is not as simple as it appears. Find out more about the procedure and step-by-step directions on how to remove RV slide out.