slide out problem

4ever

I have a 2014 Landmark, Grand Canyon. Unit has 3 slide outs. I am having issues only with the main, living room slide. When I am pulling the slide in it comes in half way and stops. I can imediatley send it out a few inches and then try and bring it in and it will come in all the way. This has happended to me twice in the last few days. However, it does not happen every time. Just this afternoon I brought the slide in and ourt just to try and make it happen and of course it did not. Both times it has happend I have been hooked up to power. The other two slides have been operating just fine. Any ideas?

MTPockets

When I bring mine in the big slide sometimes starts to come in then stops, but the opposing slde continues in all the way, then the big slde finishes coming in. I keep the button depressed until both slides are completely in. This is normal.

4ever

With mine it is a seperate switch for each slide. I can only bring them in seperatley.

Birchwood

You have a slide that is broken and needs repair.Call one of Heartlands authorized repair people as it must be under warranty

danemayer

As Jon said, it's probably a weak 12V DC mini-circuit breaker. Could also be a slightly loose wire somewhere - maybe at the battery terminals or at the hydraulic pump. A third possibility is a slight bind in the slide mechanism. The most common cause is a weak breaker.

I've attached a picture of the buss bar and breakers located near the battery. Yours could look a little different. But the breaker for the hydraulic pump is the one with a heavy wire on top, and no wire on the bottom.

Replacement breakers can be found for about $10 at many auto parts or marine stores. You'll want an auto-reset 50 amp 12V DC breaker with the same mounting orientation.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 64

4ever

Would that weak or bad breaker cause the problem to occur on just the one slide or is there a seperate breaker for each side. Thanks for the assitance. That is what is so great about this forum. Everyone is always so helpful.

4ever

Dan, I took a look at the breaker bar. I did find the breaker with the heavy wire that comes from the pump. The other side of that breaker is not blank. It has a smaller wire that goes up toward the pump and also has an inline 10 amp fuse in it. That is the only breaker in that bar with a heavy wire that goes to the pump. All oher breakes wires go to diffrent locations. The only other breaker with a heavy wire is closer to the battery. Two breakers side by side with one wire that comes directly from the battery. I would assume the breaker in question has to be the other one I mentioned. Thanks again. Ted

danemayer

There's one breaker for the hydraulic pump. So all hydraulic slides and landing gear depend on that breaker. One slide may trigger the problem if it puts a heavier load on the pump causing it to draw more amps.

Miller0758

Just make sure all your ground wires are tight and clean. Loose or dirty ground connections can drive you bonkers ( and damage equipment)