Slide out question

Bob38

I recently purchased a 2010 bighorn 3385RL fifthwheel form avolon rv in medina ohio. I find that one roller of each set on the rear slide rooms will spin & wobble when the rooms are out. IS THIS NORMAL ??

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Very possible. The rollers do not hold any weight when the slides are out. You should get an answer from Kary from HL soon.

K

karykatz

Bob38,

Please see the comment below for your head of production.

The room is designed so that when it is closed, the exterior top will seal first causing the front edge of the floor to lift. The rollers will also lift slightly. The exception may be that the rollers under the refer may still touch the floor because of the weight of the refer.

I hope this answers your question.

Bob38

Thank you for your reply. I just sent this to Kary before I read your post:
My concern is when the room is OPEN one roller of each pair of rollers is free to spin and some wobble . Is it possible that the room needs adjustment or perhaps the rollers are failing ? Thank you for your prompt reply
NO WEIGHT ON THE ROLLERS WHEN THE ROOM IS OPEN -- Would this explain why one of each pair spins and the other does not when the room is open ? It did not occur to me that perhaps their was not any weight on the rollers.