Slide Outs Stalling

Ornofrk

When trying to extend or retract the slide out rooms, they will stop before they are fully extended or retracted. I let up the rocker switch, wait a minute, press the rocker switch and they will continue to move, then stop. I repeat the procedure until the rooms are fully extended or retracted! Previous postings on this forum indicate that a 50 amp fuse or relay may be bad. Does anyone know where these are located and are they easy to replace?

Jerry O
2011 Big Horn 3670RL

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look near your battery. You should see a bank of red rubber caps. These caps cover and protect the terminals on the breakers.
You will need to follow the heavy red wire from your hydraulic pump to the breaker in question.
It is a 50 amp self resetting 12 volt breaker.
To change it all you will need to do is disconnect from shore power and disconnect the neutral (-) wire from the battery.
Then remove the two hex nuts on the breaker and remove it.
Reverse the process using the new breaker and you are done.
One thing to note here is that there are two different form factors for those breakers. The difference is the location of the mounting ears. If you get the wrong one you can just cut the ears off.

Peace
Dave

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We have had this problem twice since we bought the Bighorn back in 2011; both times it was just a matter of switching out the old breaker and putting in a new one. We have also helped two other people with Bighorns fix the same problem by changing the 50amp breaker.

Geodude

Ours was exhibiting the same problem. I changed out the 50A breaker and it didn't solve the problem. The trailer was going to the dealer anyway, so I asked them and they said you need to change a second breaker, the one just off the batteries, IIRC. They did that and so far the problem appears to be gone.

mrudick66

I had the same problem and fixed it the same way. I found out that the 50 amp breaker was in stock and cheaper in a boat shop/ marine store rather than the RV dealers. Bought 2 one for spare.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

aatauses

Had the same issue and did have to cut the "ears" off the one I bought--no big deal---it did solve the problem
al
currently in AZ

sqdancr

This sounds like the same issue I am having. I started another thread a week ago and checked the things on there that people recommended. I don't understand what the 50 amp breaker looks like. I have taken a video of the issue I am having and posted it on youtube. The link the to video is below.
https://youtu.be/Z-9kC6cgmkQ

Is the 50 amp breaker the black box with the wires going to it in front of the pump and behind the rocker switch in the video?

danemayer

This sounds like the same issue I am having. I started another thread a week ago and checked the things on there that people recommended. I don't understand what the 50 amp breaker looks like. I have taken a video of the issue I am having and posted it on youtube. The link the to video is below.
https://youtu.be/Z-9kC6cgmkQ

Is the 50 amp breaker the black box with the wires going to it in front of the pump and behind the rocker switch in the video?
First of all, watching your video, it sounds like the hydraulic pump is bogging down and you take your finger off the switch, which interrupts power to the pump.

If it were the breaker tripping, the pump would stop while you still had your finger on the switch. The pump sounds would immediately stop. After a few seconds, it would automatically start again. So I don't think you have a problem with the breaker.

I think you have a mechanical problem with the slide mechanism or perhaps a pump problem.

The black box in front of the pump looks like the wiring distribution for the pump.

The 50 amp breaker is one of several on a buss bar near the battery. They're usually covered by a red rubber boot. I've attached some pictures. Also, take a look at our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide for more information on the 12V breakers.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 41
  • circuitbreaker.jpg
    circuitbreaker.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 44

armyret

We have an 09' Cyclone 4012, it just started doing this on out first spring trip, we have had the Cyclone since it was new, it has around 40k towed miles, never had a problem with the slides, I will try a new 50 AMP and see if that fixes it.

Bones

It sounds like you could have a solenoid problem. Try bypassing the solenoid and give direct power to the pump and see if you still have the same problem. The other thing you may want to check is to see is how many amps the motor is pulling when under load.

MandA

My 2014. Landmark key largo started slide pause three days ago. This thread was a great help. Stopped at Bretz rv and marine in Billings, Mt ask about breaker. Parts employee looked at rv and confirmed the 50 amp breaker was over heating. I bought a breaker. Installed myself. Problem solved so I bought a spare both out the door for under $10. It was late and inquired about local camping. Was told if I did not need water and sewer to back in a sport on there lot and plug to 50 amp. No charge. A big thumbs up for this place. Nicest folks I have dealt with. If you are here and need anything rv I would recommend them. Also thanks to those who shared info here. Great help.
m