slide rubber replacement

Whoashilo

replacing the slide scrapper rubber on my 2014 Elkridge. Where can I buy it and what is a model number. I read people talking about D seal, is that separate from the scraper. I have more time than money and want to do it my self. Any help is appreciated, tips ect. thank you for your response

Ellie

I also need to replace all the slide seals on my 2008 3670RL and am baffled by the descriptions on line, as well as the photos sent by the Heartland service department. Apparently they DO ship to Canada but I will likely be horrified at the shipping costs. The seals on our trailer seem to be a puffy bubble (D or P shaped?) attached to a 3 or 4 inch flap of rubber and they appear to be set into a track that runs the length of the slide and down both sides. I know there are at least a couple of owners who have the same unit we have who might be able to chime in with some help for both of us. This is a really helpful group of people to have access to!

sengli

Several other threads on here had people getting the slide seals off of ebay and such. The one place I found in an add, in the trailer life magazine was steelerubber.com. They do rubber seals for cars and RV's.

Oldelevatorman

We replaced the 'D' seal that slides over the flat seal on all our 3 slides in March. Half of them are already shot! We paid several hundred dollars to have them replaced by a mobil tech in CA. He said spray them with 303 every 3 months, which was this week. Haha, the original ones lasted a year. Sending them pics and a nasty note today and I'll see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We replaced the 'D' seal that slides over the flat seal on all our 3 slides in March. Half of them are already shot!
If your slides are to tight to the sidewalls and smashing the bulb, that will contribute to a shortened life of the seals.
Has anyone checked to be sure the slides are adjusted properly?

Peace
Dave

Oldelevatorman

If your slides are to tight to the sidewalls and smashing the bulb, that will contribute to a shortened life of the seals.
Has anyone checked to be sure the slides are adjusted properly?

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the info. I'd never thought about them being too tight and that it could cause a problem. I have a good guy here in Sacramento and hopefully I can get it to him to check them out. The bedroom slide is fine and the seals are good. It's the 2 large rear, kitchen & dining room, slides that are the problem!