Slide Seal for 2009 Sundance 280xlt

Randy3911

My slide out leaks some when it rains. It gets on the floor inside, so, I checked all caulk around windows and trim outside and the only thing left is the seals for the slide out. The bottom is a ribbed 'D' seal with 5 ribs, and the sides and top are a short 'H' seal turned sideways, about 3/4" wide x 3/8" thick. I looked at the two lower corners of the slide out and I think (1.) the seal is loose in the bottom corners letting in water, and (2.) The side seals seem to have collapsed and may not be sealing very well. My question is, I can't seem to find the 'H' shaped seal at all, and the 'D' seal comes in only 50' rolls. I only need 14' for the bottom. Can a different profile be used for the side and top, maybe the 'D' seal on all four sides, and do we have to buy 50' of 'D' seal when I only need 14'?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Randy

danemayer

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Maybe they'll have exactly what you want.

Randy3911

Well, I tried to post but it didn't work. . . . I called factory. Seems my RV should not have an outside seal, only a 'wiper type' for the slide. Like a windshield wiper for a car. Evidently, someone added some seals to the outside flange and made a "southern engineered" seal that didn't work. Need to look at factory seals and see what's up. Factory seal goes all four sides and is $4.90/ft.

Good to know.