Slide topper sagging

MTPockets

I can see me forgetting to remove the PVC. Oh boy that would be just my luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That would be a problem.... I used a ladder to insert the support, but had a rope tied to the ends so I could pull it out. The dangling rope was my reminder, plus, I put a sticker below the slide button with the word “topper!” As an added reminder....

sengli

The topper installed on my large super slide, was as tight as it could be...and still it would always sag. Got so bad that after a couple of seasons the shaft for the topper was bending and rubbing on the top of the slide side. So I bit the bullet and installed the dometic topper support kit..now all is well. Pretty easy to install, and the topper is well behaved now.

Attachments

• IMAG0789.jpg
    IMAG0789.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0788.jpg
    IMAG0788.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 39

carl.swoyer

The topper installed on my large super slide, was as tight as it could be...and still it would always sag. Got so bad that after a couple of seasons the shaft for the topper was bending and rubbing on the top of the slide side. So I bit the bullet and installed the dometic topper support kit..now all is well. Pretty easy to install, and the topper is well behaved now.
Let us know how it performs in the rain.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sengli

I have had the coach out only once in the rain since this install. It performed perfectly. It actually made the center of the topper so tight, that the rain now just rolls off, never had a chance to collect and puddle like before. The center is tight always now, but the edges arent as tight as they used to be. My toppers are dometic, and this kit was specifically called out for this use. Wasnt that easy to find though.