Slide wall crack developing above window

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Interestingly . . . I just discovered this crack in the fiberglass on one of our slideouts the other day:

ProwlerCrackOverWindow-P9291295.jpg

What is strange is that I was looking at photos from our last trip two weeks ago and the crack is not there (at least I couldn't see it in the photos).

hoefler

Re: Something new . . .

Interestingly . . . I just discovered this crack in the fiberglass on one of our slideouts the other day:

View attachment 54826

What is strange is that I was looking at photos from our last trip two weeks ago and the crack is not there (at least I couldn't see it in the photos).

I dont believe that is a crack. It looks like the hole was cut too big for the window, and they used caulk to fill the gap. What I believe we are seeing, is the caulk seperating from the edge of the opening in the fiberglass.

JohnD

Re: Something new . . .

I dont believe that is a crack. It looks like the hole was cut too big for the window, and they used caulk to fill the gap.

What I believe we are seeing, is the caulk seperating from the edge of the opening in the fiberglass.

I wondered about that as it looks like a saw cut.

LBR

Re: General lack of quality

Be interesting to poke a straight pin/push pin in that small corner area to verify if is indeed caulking and not fiberglass...

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Just a thought, it could be that the crack is outlining the substructure underneath the fiberglass skin. In short, the skin failed in the weak spot of the frame cutout because the backing isn't at the window frame and the skin failed at the bond line........

MP_CS

Do you photo your slides every trip, boy i thought i was bad 😂

JohnD

Do you photo your slides every trip, boy i thought i was bad ��

No, but I'm always taking shots of the Prowler for the HOC Owner's Calender!

This was three weeks ago and we are leaving today for our last trip of the season and will arrive at this campground on Monday . . .
(maybe Tuesday as snow is forcasted in the mountains on Monday).

ProwlerAtBlueMesa-P9141081.jpg
Blue Mesa, Colorado