Slide within the slide

b.boyett

We have the Big Country 3560ss and have had nothing but trouble with the big slide for the bedroom and hallway. Any suggestions?

b.boyett

I have had to replace the motors three times and just replaced the whole slide system. After having the system replaced it only worked two times and on the third time, the front of the slide wound not go out. Mine has spent more time in the shop than I've been able to camp in it. Being as I use mine for work, when it's in the shop it cost me money.

NYSUPstater

Based om what you said, seems to me that it's binding up somehow. What year is this? Have you lived up things w/ the special lube stuff? Been in contact w/ Heartland or Lippert? When you have used it, do you stop it part way at times? Whole system replaced, is that the motors and gear tabs on the slides themselves?

Bogie

So looking at pictures on line, it looks to be two Schwintek slide mechanisms. I don't know if the double slide uses a single controller, or two separate controllers. That said, barring an actual binding problem with the boxes themselves, The Schwintek controller have built in diagnostics in the form of flashing lights. The system uses Hall Effect motors that track position by counting the revolutions of each motor. Here is a link to the trouble shooting manual in the tools section of this forum.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...c/Schwintek-In-Wall-Troubleshooting-Guide.pdf

Also, here is a link to the owners manual. It is important to note the operation instructions on page 3. ie. holding the extend/retract button after the slide has fully opened/closed.

https://liferebooted.net/2018-phaeton-40ih/Schwintek-Slide-Owners-Manual.pdf

Find the controllers and see if they are flashing a code. It will help with diagnostics.

Also note that any wiring problem (pinched or broken wire) will affect the ability of the slide to keep tract of it's position.

Oh....also finding the controllers can sometimes be challenging. They tend to hide them in odd places. Sometimes at the ceiling of the front compartment or hidden in a cabinet.

Hope that helps.

NYSUPstater

Bogie,

Ours is a '18 and am not aware of any controllers for it unless they became avail cple yrs later. Remote controllers? But the system is a Schwintek and at least on ours, has 2 separate switches. One for the main slide and another for the bed slide. Was told upon delivery not to stop either when opening or closing until they have reached their "stopping" point. If we did stop in between, could cause issues, so we never have.

I hope to upgrade this system tho to the Vroom slide out system instead IF I can get ahold of them.

Bogie

Bogie,

Ours is a '18 and am not aware of any controllers for it unless they became avail cple yrs later. Remote controllers? But the system is a Schwintek and at least on ours, has 2 separate switches. One for the main slide and another for the bed slide. Was told upon delivery not to stop either when opening or closing until they have reached their "stopping" point. If we did stop in between, could cause issues, so we never have.

I hope to upgrade this system tho to the Vroom slide out system instead IF I can get ahold of them.
Controllers are not "Remote controllers". Each Schwintek slide has a controller that operates the motors on each side and keeps tract of slide movement by tracking the revolutions of each motor. It is an electronic package that operates the Schwintek slide. They also have built in self diagnostics. I'm thinking this may help diagnose what's going on.

Perhaps someone who has your unit can chime in here and can tell you where they are located.

lynndiwagoner

I wonder why they went away from the hydraulic slides? Surely that was cheaper than this Schwintek garbage. I've never had a problem with the hydraulic lifts or slides.

NYSUPstater

Thanks Bogie for the clarification. I just knew based off of what I was told to not stop the slides once started when opening/closing.

Want to say the reason the Schwintek is used is due to space/room for the plumbing of the hyd lines and such. The Schwintek doesn't take up any room and is a compact/tidy unit in the mgr's eyes. Plus it's probly a lot cheaper for them. From a buyers standpoint, so what if it costs say 5 grand more if hydros were used, already spending 100-150 grand on it.