slideout awnings for Edge Good or bad ?

JeffN

Hello,

I was curious if any Edge owner who's RV had a slideout has ever installed a slideout awning ?. If so what brand did you choose and did you run into any installation problems ? We were considering purchasing one for our M22 but I wasn't sure if Heartland even recommended/condoned slidout awnings for their Edge line up.

Thank You !
Jeff

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jeff, I went to the Heartland site to look at pictures of the Edge exterior and do you think there was a picture of the off door side of an Edge? Heck No!

I see it's not offered as an option but I think as long as there is an extra 3 or 4 inches of wall area above the slide out fascia to mount an awning rail you should be fine.

brianharrison

Here ya go.... this was asked in the Edge "ask the factory" forum and yes, it can and has been done.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16391-Slide-Awnings

Jimmie-Kay

Yes, we added a Carefree Slide Topper/Awning to our M21 and love it. We did the installation ourselves but it definitely requires 2 people for this job. My wife and I did it on a Saturday in approximately 4 hrs. Adding the awning is defintely a plus in rainy weather. I have added some photos of the finished product. DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0239.JPGDSC_0243.JPG

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Sharp looking trailer with the full body paint.

Looks like in the last two pictures you were at a Casita trailer rally. You kind of stand out up against the little white trailers.