Slideout toppers

TonyK

We own a 2016 Heartland Wilderness with 2 slideouts. We wanted to have the slideout toppers put on but the dealer said we cannot have the toppers put on because the wall will not support them. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm seeing a lot of topper questions on this board so I am curious now if this was a true statement. Thanks

weekender01

I am not sure about your particular model trailer, but we have a 2017 Torque and our dealer added slide toppers on their lot after delivery. To date we have not had any issues. Also they told me that around slides there is enough framing material to attach the slide topper brackets and other hardware.

I know others on here have added them to their campers after delivery so it can be done, but I will let them chime in how they did this.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Given the width of the awning you are sure to find wall studs for attachment.
One important factor is that you need to have enough room above the slide. If your slide is only an inch or two from the roof line you might be out of luck.

Peace
Dave

TonyK

As always, call customer service. Have your VIN ready
I took the camper (2016 Wilderness) back to the dealer for a recall and while it was there being serviced I wanted them to put on the slideout toppers which is when they told me the wall would not support it.