Dealer Option- purchased the Slide Topper_ NEW Cyclone_2024 4014C

Smedman

Hello, I am brand new to RV world! My new 5th wheel toy hauler came in last Friday the 22nd. Merry Christmas to me!

I have a question for the dealership or friends here that maybe can help me in my quest to find the answer I seek.

I ordered the all the options on my Cyclone. So excited. Taking delivery January 6. hopefully.

I have the 3 slide outs. Paperwork even calls out the Tripple Slides!
Question:
Can I get anyone can help me understand that the Main slide why it did not have the topper. The dealership tells me it won't fit due to the awnings is there. Is this true, anyone else have this option that did not get all slide toppers due to awnings? I think it can fit. Or am il being lied too. Heartland is closed this week.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Bedroom slide.jpg
    Bedroom slide.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Mainview_awning in.JPG
    Mainview_awning in.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 31
  • main view 1.JPG
    main view 1.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 30

scayne62

Anytime there is an awning over the main slide like that they do not put on a slide topper, usually due to space but likely do to no need for it since you have a patio awning. This is normal practice and for once they are no lying to you

david-steph2018

Hello, I am brand new to RV world! My new 5th wheel toy hauler came in last Friday the 22nd. Merry Christmas to me!

I have a question for the dealership or friends here that maybe can help me in my quest to find the answer I seek.

I ordered the all the options on my Cyclone. So excited. Taking delivery January 6. hopefully.

I have the 3 slide outs. Paperwork even calls out the Tripple Slides!
Question:
Can I get anyone can help me understand that the Main slide why it did not have the topper. The dealership tells me it won't fit due to the awnings is there. Is this true, anyone else have this option that did not get all slide toppers due to awnings? I think it can fit. Or am il being lied too. Heartland is closed this week.

Thank you in advance.
How much room is between the other two awning arms and where the slide topper would fit?
It looks like the awning is attached to the side of the slide out. So, to me it looks like the slide is not covered by the awning.

Smedman

How much room is between the other two awning arms and where the slide topper would fit?
It looks like the awning is attached to the side of the slide out. So, to me it looks like the slide is not covered by the awning.
You are correct, the awning does not cover the slide out.
I suggest 4-6 inches. I believe it could fit. but I'm not an engineer.
If anything, the design of how the awning is attached to the face of the slide out. it could be lowered down to account for it.
I think they forgot it.

I been looking online for more pictures. i can't find any. I did find another 2023 model for sale, and it had the toppers, but not on the main one like my issue. So it might be intended to be left off due to fitment.
Option says Tripple Slides....so im looking for answers. might have to wait next week for Heartland to open back up.

thank you for replys

david-steph2018

You may still be able to install a topper on it. But I would bet a dollar to a donut that it would need to be a different style.
Several different brands and styles, you may just to find one that will work.

If you do find one that will work, another issue comes into play. Will you and the spouse be okay with it being different and not matching the other toppers?

Smedman

You may still be able to install a topper on it. But I would bet a dollar to a donut that it would need to be a different style.
Several different brands and styles, you may just to find one that will work.

If you do find one that will work, another issue comes into play. Will you and the spouse be okay with it being different and not matching the other toppers?
You may be right. I'm not sure if I will be okay with it not matching. sure, my wife will not. since it is brand new. separate issue though.

My whole thing. it is "Brand New" I ordered it to have it and paid for it in my mind due the option.
I was hoping that maybe someone here may have experienced a similar situation. Not sure why the Dealer did not install it, or even clarify its only "Two" Slide outs not all!

See if Ican get InTouch with Manufacture HEARTLAND today., I have emailed them, and this is the owners Board. Maybe ill get my answer.

Smedman

Just want all to know.
The situation with the Slide Out Topper. Heartland is takin care of me. The Option for this on a 4014C does not allow the topper to fit due to the awning that come on the unit. I do believe they will find a solution. but as of today, they do not build it.

Took ownership of the unit Saturday! So very excited to have it home. Very happy with the unit. the 4014 C toy hauler is a Beast! its a big RV.