slider hitch for gateway 3650bh?

danemayer

If someone with Sailun S637 tires could post their DOT code from the tire sidewall, we could compare the manufacturing company and plant to confirm or deny the assertion that Sailun tires are just Towmax with a different name.

Grey Ghost

I have a Valley 15K slider hitch and have experienced no problems with it in the past four years. If you have a short bed pickup I highly recommend the slider hitch.

As for tires, I put Michelin LT tires on my rig after blowing two BlowMax tires on vacation. No problems in the last 5 or 6 thousand miles, I also run with Michelin tires on my truck...safety first and always.
:cool:

justafordguy

I put Michelin LT tires on my rig after blowing two BlowMax tires on vacation. No problems in the last 5 or 6 thousand miles, I also run with Michelin tires on my truck...safety first and always.:cool:

I've seen a lot of discussion about changing from an ST type of trailer tire to an LT type, From what I read the LT tires have more reserve weight carrying capacity and are heavier built even though they are usually rated for lower weight. what do the rest of you guys think about this idea?

HornedToad

If someone with Sailun S637 tires could post their DOT code from the tire sidewall, we could compare the manufacturing company and plant to confirm or deny the assertion that Sailun tires are just Towmax with a different name.

---Quote (Originally by HornedToad)---
XXXX,

Could you please send me the DOT code from one of your Sailun tires. I am trying to settle a dispute about the plant of origin on another forum.

Also, Big O quoted me $179.99, plus $15 shipping from their Denver warehouse, per tire. Would you agree that's a fair price?
---End Quote---
Sorry for the delayed response, got in after sunset last night...

I paid $190 per tire out the door (mounted and used DynaBeads). These tires are stiff...I would not suggest mounting yourself (I usually do motorcycle and car tires with a couple tire spoons, won't work here...)

The first 4 numbers for the DOT code on all my tires are 5321...the 53 code is for SAILUN CO., LTD. QINGDAO SHANDONG CHINA

Let me know what else you need.

XXXX

Both TowMax and Sailun tires are manufactured in Shandong Province China, at different plants that are over 100 miles apart. Sailun tires has an extensive line of both skid & steer heavy truck tires including the S637. While they may be distributed in America by the same corporation that handles the TowMax tire, I believe the similarities stop there!!!

Based on my research and the cost, I'm still sold on replacing my stock tires with a set of Sailun S637s.

danemayer

Sailun
DOT
MANUFACTURER
CITY
STATE
COUNTRY

SAILUN CO., LTD.
QINGDAO
SHANDONG
CHINA

Towmax
DOT
MANUFACTURER
CITY
STATE
COUNTRY

SHANDONG HENGFENG RUBBER & PLUSTIC CO., LTD.
GUANGRAO COUNTY
SHANDONG
CHINA

HornedToad

fordguy,

From what I've read I think both the E load rated Maxxis or the LT tires are great options for a 15000 GVWR trailer.
I have a TH pushing 20000 GVWR and that's why I'm looking at 14 ply tires... that do not cost $359 a tire!!!

Since the hijackers have already landed the plane, maybe the moderator will rename the thread...
Re: slider hitch & tires for gateway 3650bh?

MagnoliaTom

Sailun
DOT
MANUFACTURER
CITY
STATE
COUNTRY

SAILUN CO., LTD.
QINGDAO
SHANDONG
CHINA

Towmax
DOT
MANUFACTURER
CITY
STATE
COUNTRY

SHANDONG HENGFENG RUBBER & PLUSTIC CO., LTD.
GUANGRAO COUNTY
SHANDONG
CHINA

Is this basically saying one is the elkridge while the other is the landmark?
Both from same company but different product lines?

danemayer

I read it as two separate manufacturing company names, in different locations within the Shandong Province. Shandong is a large area of China, with lots of manufacturing. Looking at the Shandong Henfeng website, I don't see any mention of Sailun, or mention of Henfeng on the Sailun website.

Both companies apparently sell product to TBC. Sailun tires from TBC carry the Sailun brand name. Henfeng tires from TBC carry the Towmax/PowerKing brand name. There doesn't appear to be any relationship in manufacture and design.

HornedToad

I'm thinking it's more like the lot at Explore USA in Mesquite TX,
They have a whole bunch of trailers, almost all of 'em made in Indiana.
Are they all made by the same company???

I might try the above logic, to see if Jim would give me my HOC membership back???
One of these days he will.

MagnoliaTom

I read it as two separate manufacturing company names, in different locations within the Shandong Province. Shandong is a large area of China, with lots of manufacturing. Looking at the Shandong Henfeng website, I don't see any mention of Sailun, or mention of Henfeng on the Sailun website.

Both companies apparently sell product to TBC. Sailun tires from TBC carry the Sailun brand name. Henfeng tires from TBC carry the Towmax/PowerKing brand name. There doesn't appear to be any relationship in manufacture and design.

Look at my post #16 on this thread. Power king sells sailun. Very confusing!!?

MagnoliaTom

I think your post #16 shows what looks like the results of a search on your phone. Should it be considered authoritative?

It was a search on my phone. Not authoritative, just illustrating that Sailun is sold not only as a brand but as a model of tire that power king and others sell. I compare it to a Chevy suburban and a gmc suburban. I may well be wrong. That's why I'm trying to find out exactly what the real story is.

danemayer

It was a search on my phone. Not authoritative, just illustrating that Sailun is sold not only as a brand but as a model of tire that power king and others sell. I compare it to a Chevy suburban and a gmc suburban. I may well be wrong. That's why I'm trying to find out exactly what the real story is.
I think you hit a search result from a database with a corrupted set of index pointers. It just illustrates that not all search results are accurate.

branson4020

Icantre Member
It was a search on my phone. Not authoritative, just illustrating that Sailun is sold not only as a brand but as a model of tire that power king and others sell. I compare it to a Chevy suburban and a gmc suburban. I may well be wrong. That's why I'm trying to find out exactly what the real story is.[/QUOTE

Like Dan said, you really need to look closer. Those search results are from a goofy meta-search site (simpletire.com) that dynamically constructs those silly results. Go search the actual site.

MagnoliaTom

I went on simpletire.com.

You can find tow max made by power king, el dorado, and others. You can also find sailun made by power king, el dorado and others. I need to look at other tire sites

MagnoliaTom

I'm not as tech savvy as I need to be. After looking at the eldorado tire site, they do not list tow max. Thanks for the suggestions