slow drain sink after greywater overflow

Demento

While sourcing a leak, I filled both grey tanks and found that the tank at the back of my sundance leaks somewhere from the top when it overfills (the sensor no longer works) and it leaks where a red pex line enters the side. I drained both grey tanks BUT now the sink in the 2nd back bathroom will not drain properly. The sink will fill and it takes around 1/2 hour to slowly drain but only drains to 1/2 inch below the bowl and water is still visible in the entrance of the drainpipe. It worked fine the day previous as we were testing the water lines, flushing the fresh water with bleach, etc. Anyone hear of this after a grey water overflow? Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Demento,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully someone with more plumbing knowledge of your unit will jump in soon with some help.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Why is there a PEX line into the side of a gray tank (open question)? Tank vent line leading to a remote vertical stack? If so, it might indicate blockage of that vent pipe. Water can't enter the tank (easily) unless air is expelled.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If that pex line is a vent...then you may have created a blockage when you filled the tanks. If that pex line has a bow downward in it, then....it have could filled with water. If that happened the tank may not drain as it should. You might see if you can blow the water out if that is the case. Just thinking out loud because you did not say that the rear tank was a grey tank.

Demento

Thanks John, Bob&Patty, I thought it was strange as well. Also being 1/2 way up the grey it tank would be rendered useless once it filled past that point (if it were a vent line) Also found that the leak at the back is dripping from where the tank sits in the bracing and it will drip within 1 minute or so of the tap being turned on. Oh well. Hubby and father in law are going to venture under this week-end.

Demento

THOUGHT I was filling grey tank #2 when wanting to flush/clean this spring. Thought sensor was broken. No. While running sink in the kids 1/2 bath realized (once all of the bottom skirting was down completely and everything was visible) that the 1/2 bath sink ran directly to black tank #2 and I was overflowing it!. No wonder the sink wouldn't drain. The red pex line was the clean out/flush line that went in blue, ran most of the length across the back of the unit, joined with a angled juncture, then they decided they would just switch to red and reversed direction to came back to the tank.