Smokey Mountains

sspate

My Hubby and I are planning a trip to The Smokies. We are looking for a campground in the Pigeon Forge area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
My Hubby and I are planning a trip to The Smokies. We are looking for a campground in the Pigeon Forge area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sherry

We stay at River Plantation several times a year. Also, check out the Tennessee Rally thread for the park where the rally is being held this year. Ken

GETnBYE

We like River Plantation also, but we have a second fav. It is called "Up the creek". There is no bath house or pool, but it is very nice and just the right amount of out of town. http://www.upthecreekrvcamp.com/
I think both are great, depends on what you are looking for. Also the TN rally is being held at a fairly new rv resort, in wear valley. I have not been there yet. You can find link to it in the events tab. Enjoy

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh my - there are so many campgrounds to choose from. We stay at River Plantation (www.rvcoutdoors.com/river-plantation) most of the time but the TN Rally will be held at Cove Creek RV Resort (covecreekrvresort.com) in Wears Valley. If you are a member of Good Sam's Club, they have bunches and bunches listed. If you are not a member, you can still go on their website and see a listing of campgrounds in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Townsend and Gatlinburg areas.

JanAndBill

That's our second home. Glad to see you're not looking at Gatlinburg, most of the campgrounds are north on 321, and the road through Gatlinburg is really tight with telephone/electric poles almost on the edge of the street. If you want to be in the hustle and bustle Pigeon Forge has several places. Twin Mountain, just off the parkway and close to the Gatlinburg side. If you are planning on being there over a busy time, I'd suggest Bear Cove Village. You can also take the backway from here into Gallatinburg and save a lot of time during high traffic times. The sites are little tight but it's close in and on Vetrans Blvd, which lets you bypass all the traffic on the parkway. River Plantation is on the parkway and not to bad. It's close to the Outlet Malls.

Kbvols

We stayed at River Plantation for years it is nice and is actually in Seiverville or at least closer to. It does sit down in a valley though. Recently we have been staying at Riversedge and really like it due to its location. It is at the southern most edge of Pigeon Forge so traffic is not an issue to go to Gatlinburg. If going toward Seiverville can take back roads to avoid traffic. Easy walk down to Dixie Stampeed. The restrooms are awesome also. Staff is always friendly as is Rivers Plantation. We just love the area will be there in Early October between Vol's games.

sspate

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! That was quick work. I will definately put your suggestions to use in the next few months.

EandJ

Last two times we went, we stayed at Bear Cove Village in Pigeon Forge. Like said above- spaces are a bit tight, but that is only a problem when it is packed. Second time we went, it was off season and there was no problem. Great location - a couple minutes from Dollywood and right off the main drag. In the winter, it is really neat to hear the Dollywood steam train blow its whistle at night.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We stayed at Pine Mountain RV park on recommendation of this forum. Nice new park, but pull through sites were not that long. Had to park truck next to rig, which was in our patio area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk