Snow How much did you get

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
IMG_0082.jpgHere in Lenoir City, TN, we have had 5-6 inches but just south of me (about 30 miles) had 11". Glad the baby is in her shed!!

GETnBYE

North Alabama got around 10 inches, news said 12, but I don't think so.
I just want it to go away, but it looks like it's gonna stay a few days. I need to move farther south!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
It's 82* here in Mission, Texas. But I am keeping a sharp eye out for snow.

Hay Cookie about the end of February we will be in Mission also. Going to the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville then stop in Seguin for a little adjustment then on to Mission. Save a seat for us and maybe we all can go to get a Gonzales Burger...

BC

bacaye

I think you are all giving "snowbird" a new definition... Camper in storage here but not sure what we will find in the morning!! I hope you all hang on to that snow..Illinois does not need anything but an early spring...Be careful everyone..

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Hey Cookie, we are in the process of deciding where to winter next year, Wife doesn't retire until 9/11. Looking at Aransas Pass, and Misson. Looks like a bunch of Heartlanders are in that area.
what are some of your experiences there?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lee, we are now at 7 Oaks RV park in Mission. We were here last year and like it. I guess you have to stay around here and check out a bunch of other parks to decide what you like. Some have large sites and some small sites. Some near the highway and some away from it. Some parks are $350/mo and some are $500+/mo. All plus electricity.
From here we are going a little west to Falcon State Park for about a week. A nice out of the way place. We like the peace and quiet, but it's not for everyone. There are no restaurants or stores near by and if you don't have satellite, the only TV stations will be from Mexico. Rosetta Stone might come in handy here.
Then we head up to Kerrville for the RV.Net Sweetheart Rally in February for a week or so.
Our final month will be in Aransas Pass for a month. Last year we were in Rockport but didn't like the park.
You are right about a lot of Heartlanders around here. There are four Bighorns and two Landmarks at this park now with another Bighorn coming in next week.
Early in the season it will be warmer in Mission than it will be up in Aransas Pass.
Good luck on what ever you decide.

Peace
Dave

2010augusta

Back here in the South Sound of WA state, we got about 3" last night followed by more rain this morning. it is all wet and very heavy. The tree limbs are coming down, and i'm just waiting for the power to go out since school is cancelled today.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
No snow here in SE New Mexico, but it was 20 degrees this morning.
Sure wish this "GOBAL WARMING WOULD GO AWAY"

You bring up a good point about global warming. If I understand it correctly, the end result of the planet warming is another ice age...at least that is what the scientists say...
images