So I ordered a Reese - Draw-Tite Goose Box 94623 and Amazon Prime :-(

74Beeper

Also with my goose box order from Etrailer I I got the Reese ball kit and safety chains, but the hook on the chains will not attach to the puck hookups in the bed, I have to take the hook off to get the chain through the loop. To use these hookups I would need a much larger hook and then a larger chain too. Anyone else have this style how do you attach the safety chains, or even using safety chains :)
3ea3783d9937a90184aa8149b3b012c0.jpg
22ef5ebad30f89692d131f0f2a47c902.jpg
8b0547a241fd8fc844b8168f3f1ab357.jpg

I had heard about this issue so I got the Curt ball kit. Their chain hookup loops are a bit smaller and the Fulton chain hooks that come with a Goosebox fit right on.

The only thing in the oil field that's 100% for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I got the Curt kit, goose ball, two puck adapter loops and a rubber plug.
The chain loops are fairly stout.

Fortunately, after 30+ years of boating, and being a stainless fan, I have a few spare parts to use.

3/8" stainless chain, 3/8" stainless links and large stainless snap hooks. And just for good measure I picked up 1/2" stainless bolts the other day at West Marine.

Attachments

• Curt_goose_ball_1.jpg
    Curt_goose_ball_1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Curt_goose_ball_2.jpg
    Curt_goose_ball_2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 62

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Slightly off subject but have you tried chewy.com for pet food. A lot cheaper and usually fresher plus you can set up auto shipping if you run out every month on or about the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am searching for a new food for cats with renal failure, but when I settle on one I will check them out, thanks! (Previous food was Iams, bought at WalMart.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74Beeper

Fortunately, after 30+ years of boating, and being a stainless fan, I have a few spare parts to use.

3/8" stainless chain, 3/8" stainless links and large stainless snap hooks. And just for good measure I picked up 1/2" stainless bolts the other day at West Marine.

What you pay for this kit? I have almost the same one except my puck loops are horizontal. I paid $130 on Amazon

The only thing in the oil field that's 100% for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

porthole

Retired
What you pay for this kit? I have almost the same one except my puck loops are horizontal. I paid $130 on Amazon

$89, amazon, but not Prime. Free shipping and no tax. Same outfit that the hitch came from.

BigGuy82

Coming up for $1116 + free shipping now. Tempted to pull the trigger. I wonder if ETrailer shipping would be any different.

ETrailer did the same thing with my Lippert Flex Air pin box. Two shipments, two damaged crates, courtesy Estes shipping. They actually stepped up quite well, expediting shipping and insuring the shipper finally got it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
ETrailer did the same thing with my Lippert Flex Air pin box. Two shipments, two damaged crates, courtesy Estes shipping. They actually stepped up quite well, expediting shipping and insuring the shipper finally got it right.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up my FlexAir directly from a Lippert rep. Perfect condition. Not having the same option on a GooseBox purchase. Going to have to order.

bobca1

Looks like a good kit, wish I would have got that one with the smaller loops would have worked with my chain hooks.
I considered using the same kind of link, but the ones at hardware store were only rated for 2000lbs, I was afraid that might snap if chains were needed. They had larger hooks but then the hooks would not fit on my chain.

Alan_B

Two quick Amazon examples, one big and one small:
  1. I ordered my B&W Companion hitch from Amazon. Paid $861 and it arrived in two days in good condition.
  2. I had a Camco 30' 50-amp extension cord in my "save for later" basket. The usual price was about $77. It dropped to $31 one day so I grabbed it.

porthole

Retired
Looks like a good kit, wish I would have got that one with the smaller loops would have worked with my chain hooks.

I wouldn't call the loops I have small, that snap hook in the picture is 4 5/8" long. I have a 4" snap hook and it will not fit on the loop.

only rated for 2000lbs, I was afraid that might snap if chains were needed.

If it gets to that, whether the hook is rated at 2000 or 3000 pounds will probably be the least of your worries.

Besides, I have only read that goose ball trailers 'need' safety chains, not how stout those chains need to be.

porthole

Retired
Ahhh, it just gets better.

Just received this email from etrailer:

And my credit card was already charged and went through.

The Reese Goose Box, part #RP94623, is currently out of stock. We will not have this part in stock until the end of May.

Lou_and_Bette

The Reese Goose Box, part #RP94623, is currently out of stock. We will not have this part in stock until the end of May.

"I'd gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today!"

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

This is is not going as I planned!!! You were to already have yours and be singing it's praises to Ginger. I was going to sell my FlexAir at Goshen. Order Goose Box while we are out there. It will arrive when we get home. Install and be ready to go for the Mystic CT Rally.

Way to go.......

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wow just keeps getting better.
Man I have when that things happen like that. Very Frustrating
Gives you a good story to tell around the Camp fire !!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I thought about going back at amazon, try and get some money back, enough to satisfy me with the scratched up paint. But it also turns out there is no hardware kit or manual/instructions. Instructions are easy, they are on the net. The grade 8 bolts and whatever else is in the kit is another matter.

Bones

JW Does that thing really give you a better ride?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about going back at amazon, try and get some money back, enough to satisfy me with the scratched up paint. But it also turns out there is no hardware kit or manual/instructions. Instructions are easy, they are on the net. The grade 8 bolts and whatever else is in the kit is another matter.
Duane I never got hardware with mine pin box. I had to go out and buy new hardware.

bobca1

I wouldn't call the loops I have small, that snap hook in the picture is 4 5/8" long. I have a 4" snap hook and it will not fit on the loop.

If it gets to that, whether the hook is rated at 2000 or 3000 pounds will probably be the least of your worries.

Besides, I have only read that goose ball trailers 'need' safety chains, not how stout those chains need to be.
Sure not smaller necessarily, but your curt hookups do look more like loops that would better accept a chain hook. On the Reese they are not really loops more like ovals and wider. I just ordered some larger hooks with chain from etrailer the website states will work with Reese ball kit. I'll reply back after I receive let folks know if it works along with part no.