Sofa Bed - Leak in Mattress caused by rough metal frame

Theresau

Our new Big Horn had the mattress/bladder encased in a nylon storage bag.

We always re-encase it before putting the sofa back together.

This seems to help/prevent any tears.

Also, Joe checked right away and found a few spots that were rough which he sanded.

We've used this quite a bit...no probs to date.

Theresa

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One that works...

We decided to open up our sofa bed again, just to check it out in advance of a possible guest later this week. Mattress inflates and does not leak, even with both of us rolling around on it (fully clothed :p). I ran my hands over every part of the frame (BED!) I could and did not find anything sharp. The only problem I did find were two staples in the same spot that had their ends sticking out. Examination of the mattress did not show any scratches or contact with them...fortunately.

I don't know about a nylon storage bag, but the bottom of our mattress has a nylon cover that is zipped to the molded top cover of the mattress.

I'm adding myself to the ongoing list of having a leaking air mattress. I'm a new owner of a 3670 (2 months) and the first time use of the bed, didn't hold air, further inspection revealed two small punctures on the bottom corner. I've currently patched it, but not sure if it and how long it will last. I think I may start storing it in the drawer underneath the sofa to futher prevent tears and pinch points when retracting the sofa. I've yet to inspect the frame, though.

reverts

This is a update on our mattress. After posting on this forum we received a PM from Tim Meade at Flair asking for a address to send us a new mattress (1 year warranty was up in April). We received the mattress which seems to be made a little better (no felt top) and came in a nice bag. We are going to keep ours stored in this bag except when in use.

We are very happy that Flair stood behind their product and the problems with it. Thanks Tim Meade.None

I for one have no problems with Flair. When we first got our Bighorn the mattress was leaking. I called Flair and they sent me a new one. They didn't want the old one back. My wife then noticed that the plug at the foot of the bed wasn't tight and after tightening it the problem was fixed. Flair still didn't want the mattress back. While at the national rally Flair fixed our drawer and replaced the mattress and gave me an extra just in case. I am the one who damaged this one but they replaced it for free. Remember it is an air mattress and doesn't get along with dog and cat nails.