Solid surface counter tops

Skipper5

Heartland shows their Big Horns built with "Solid Surface Counter Tops". Does anyone out there know the material? It looks like Corian, but they give no information as to the exact compound.

Thanks.

GETnBYE

We have Corian, not sure if that is just the Big Country or if it had to do with the year built.

brianharrison

@Skipper5 - you're welcome!

@GETnBYE -I remember reading a post from a brand manager (in one of the ATF posts) that Heartland changed from Corian to Hanex a couple of years ago. I am not sure if it is brand specific. I'll post if I can find it.

Take care,
Brian

SilverRhino

Our 2010 Big Country has the Hanex product......think the changed happened between the 09 and 10 models.

ParkIt

I know by looking at ours it isn't corian which I don't like anyway, granite is lighter and more durable! for homes of course.
Hanex is more flexible and less porous but it can get surface scratched if you aren't careful, using small felt sticky rounds on the bottom of abrasive items will prevent that which I also use on the dining table. My first 'go to' was using marine cleaner & wax as soon as I got BC from factory residue, now it shines without being sticky or too slick. Not sure if it will make any difference in the long run but its worth a shot.